Multiples

Coffee Bean

I read your post about bedtime routine and for the first time it clicked that what I was doing probably was not the best thing.  Just like you, we put our guys down asleep. It works great, but I suppose I am creating a bad habit.  I am a little panicked about it now.  I am glad you asked and hopefully we can figure this one out together.  Let me know what works for you and I will do the same.
Tonight I think we may try giving the bottle THEN the bath and see if we can put them down awake. 
Then again we may wait til the weekend because they have NOT been sleeping well, and I am not sure I can handle not getting them down. 

Re: Coffee Bean

• I just wanted to butt in.  The ped told us the boys would sleep better at night if we started putting them down awake, so we started a few weeks ago.  He said that when they go down sleeping and then wake up in the night they "freak out" and cry.  If they're used to going down awake they will put themselves back to sleep.  Aidan has always been great with it, but Brody struggled.  The first couple nights he cried hard for 45 minutes (doc told us at this age they could cry up to an hour and a half), but we checked on him every 5 minutes or so (he told us NEVER to pick him up...just soothe him).  It only took a few nights.  Now he sometimes cries, but never makes it to that check at 5 minutes.  It was hard for us, but its great putting them down now.  Unfortunately for us, we haven't seen a difference in the nighttime wakings yet.  Maybe that's still to come.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey guys.....this sleep stuff is hard to figure out, huh?

Megan - what do you do if the baby is already asleep during the bottle?  Lily falls asleep drinking at least half the time.  Should we wake her up?  I don't really want to move her bedtime up anymore, because it's only an hour after I get home with them as it is!

Mom to Abigail & Liliana -- Identical Twin Girls -- April 2008
    Baby #3 due September 12, 2014!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the same question as coffee bean.  We actually already moved bath and bottle up from 730 to 700 and on the days I work I don't get home til around 6 so I would hate to move it up more.  A friend suggested we do bottle then bath instead of bath then bottle but I worry they would be TOO awake then.
    This is hard!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"