Preemies
Options

C&P: Disgusting post on 2nd tri

The OP (and a few others) went from discussing whether or not they'd abort if their child had Downs Syndrome to "kids with special needs make others uncomfortable and that's bad."

I almost didn't respond but had to at the end. https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/2/34232788/ShowThread.aspx

Re: C&P: Disgusting post on 2nd tri

• Options
    Oh lord I am going to get myself in trouble again lol!
    A small start at 2lb 9oz, 60 day NICU stay, and 6 months of O2 My 30 weeker is growing up! <a href="http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/bippy798/?action=view
  • Options
    Oh dear.  This makes me literally sick to my stomach.  She'd be the one who wouldn't take "heroic" measures like intubation and feeding tubes when her LO was born early for fear that there might be some delays later.  God help that kid if he/she isn't reaching milestones on time. 
    BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options

Oh my God. I could seriously throw up.

• Options
    Yeah I just finished reading and I am just not going to respond. Plus my siggy picture of my less than perfect son might freak someone out. Don't want that.
    A small start at 2lb 9oz, 60 day NICU stay, and 6 months of O2 My 30 weeker is growing up! <a href="http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/bippy798/?action=view
  • Options

imageBippy798:
    Yeah I just finished reading and I am just not going to respond. Plus my siggy picture of my less than perfect son might freak someone out. Don't want that.

Aiden is gorgeous and I'd throatpunch anyone who said otherwise.

• Options
    imageTriciaJoy:

Oh my God. I could seriously throw up.

this.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I just read the whole 11 pages. Trish, your responses were beautiful.  And I also liked what MSC had to say at the end.

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• Options
    That OP is gross. And Bippy, Adien is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Don't let anyone say anything else!
  • Options
    Oh dear. I'm not even going on.
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options

Oy.  Ignorant people who act like the world revolves around them and their tainted emotions make ME uncomfortable...but that obviously hasn't stopped anyone from reproducing.

I sincerely hope that they are never in the position of having anything but a textbook pregnancy/birth/child...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh my god. First of all, I lurk on this board every once in a while. I started reading in the hospital when my daughter was born prematurely, before she passed away, and I guess old habits die hard because I always find myself wanting to see whats going on over here. I have read several of your stories, and you are such an amazing group of strong women.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the OP.... and several of the women who replied completely disgust me, and probably anyone else who gave birth to a premature child that passed away... who would give ANYTHING to have that child back, no matter what "abnormalities" they had. Even if that means taking care of them for the rest of our lives.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    click the button above to read my blog!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

imageBippy798:

Ummm... I see only adorable perfection. I love that picture.

They're ignorant a$$hats for the most part. Very few voices of reason there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh I know Aiden is beautiful as are all of the babies I see on this board :c) I am just in a pissy mood today for some reason lol! I think it's because I have been cleaning house. Yeah thats it!

I am pro choice so I don't have a problem with someone making such a personal decision. What really got to me was how special needs kids made them uncomfortable or the one comment about about how the mothers of special needs kids must feel resentful or disgusted by their babies! Aiden never disgusted me even when he was first born and a lot of people were uncomfortable looking at pictures of him. I thought he was more beautiful than any baby I had ever seen. I don't resent one minute having to give him meds, or drag wires around the house when I carry him. It doesn't bother me that he might have learning disabilities caused by a brain bleed he had early on. All that matters to me is that he is mine and I love him and even if he had a worse case scenario and developed CP I can't imagine it would change the way I feel.

• Options

betizzle- I saw your response on that horrible thread and just wanted to give my condolences on the loss of your daughter. And I'm sorry you saw that horrible, horrible thread.

• Options

i couldn't get past ambrandau2's post.  she made me cry. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I believe having a child meant Unconditional Love.
  • Options
    I guess my chilidren would count as a "burden" since they have disabilities.  Christopher has a genetic syndrome and autism.  We are now testing Matthew for the same genetic condtion.  Sad  If I would have had the ability to reply before they were cut off there would have been some nasty things coming out of my mouth!
  • Options
    He looks perfect to me. so precious!! Congratulations!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"