Blended Families
Options

crap

this morning I go to get DD, ex is 15 min late, I call put the call on speaker and ask him if he is dropping her off? He says "We could be half way to mexico and you wouldnt know! But yeah Ill be there in 5 min." then hangs up.

WTF?!

I didnt say a word. I let it go because Im so furious I would end up going off.

Then after he walked out after dropping her off he peaks his head back in the sheffifs door and says, " FOR YOUR INFORMATION I CHECKED ABOUT THE DNA AND YOU NEVER REQUESTED IT! SO I DID. GUESS YOU CAN WORRY ABOUT THAT!"

I shook my head, thats all.

I did request it, I have it in writing, thats all I have to do. I dont need to get into a pissing contest over whos right and whos wrong.

So anyway I finally calm down and I email him telling him to stop saying things like that with DD in the car.
Honestly, Im worried. His family has the money, I wouldnt put it passed him to do it!

What should I do?

Im literally sick. We have court before his next visit. thankfully.

Advice...please. I hate worrying like this, but i cant help it now. I feel like he is going to make me crazy.

Re: crap

• Options
    Blow it off. He's just being a jackass because he knows he was in the wrong.

Click me, click me!
  • Options

oh yeah he knows he emailed me back saying he didnt know what i am talking about. And that im just upset because I know i screwed around and Julian isnt his.

*shrugs*

I never did, ever, im not that person. He wants an excuse to feel better about not supporting him. On top of that he is just pissed because he knows DNA will come back and he will have to pay support.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Next time he acts like that - makes digs and pushes buttons. DO NOT REACT. Do not even call him to tell him stop doing that in front of DD.  Because all that will do is let him know he is getting to you and he will continue.

STOP.  Just STOP reacting to him.  Calmly say, "oh. okay."  And truly act like you don't care about his snide and stupid remarks.

And then let it go. Quit letting him make you crazy.

• Options

I agree...he is just saying shit for shock value and to push your buttons. Blow it off.

BM said the same earlier this year "I'll take my kids wherever the fvck I want...I'll take 'em and run with 'em and you'll never know where we are". It was a shock to hear at first and we were startled but DH kept his cool and just told her "Whatever...you do that but don't think we won't find you and you will go to jail and lose the kids forever". She was just trying to get a hysterical reaction...she didn't get what she was looking for and has never mentioned it again.

• Options
    REPEAT AFTER ME -

The main way a man tries to get to a woman is by threatening to take her kids away.

Don't let him see you sweat!!!!!!!!!!!  Repeat, repeat, repeat.
  • Options

thanks Flo!!!

Seriously...he has emailed me 5 times, i stopped responding. This morning the latest is that he wants his engagement ring back, oh and 2 sippy cups.

Lol. This is reaching FAR! I offered him the engagement ring several times he said to save it for our daughter, we were expecting a baby girl so I thought that was very unfair becuase its not something I could have made two seperate pieces of jewlery with. So Instead I sold it, actually I traded it for a different ring thats very cute and CAN be broken down if needed, but we had a boy so it wont matter.

Anywho I just find it funny, the way i explained it may have ran you all in circles but yeah.

I cant believe he is asking for gifts back, maybe I should bring up all the gifts I bought him, fans that he has in his house, a kitchen island, etc. No though, I could care less, cut the strings Im done.

God it feels good to see his idiocracy eating at him for once.

*hugs* thanks guys, seriously I needed a wake up call you all are the best.

• Options

Legally a gift is the property of the recipient full stop.  Now, and egagement ring is a special circumstance, and depending on your state may be considered a contractual obligation and returned to a fiance if the marriage did not take place.

Once there is a valid legal marriage (which I think you had?) the ring is the property of the recipient. 

Don't give back any gifts.  That is silly :)

• Options

I agree, in our state its this way...if you leave you have to give it back, if he leaves you its yours. I technically left, I offered the ring back to him several times, I even have an email where I offered it and he denied to take it. He just wants to piss me off.

On a upside he gave me back most of my property today I just had to go get it. His GF was there, yes she lives with him. Lol. She admitted it. Not that I care but now he cant make a stink over Dan no matter what.

I talked with the future step mother, she is honestly a nice person it seems, of course she is on his team but I cant blame her because she loves him. I understand that. She is definately more his type, Im happy because I think they will make it. That makes me happy because.... Natalie will have a stable family there as well. And she seems to really care about Nat.

So, court is tomarrow. =)

• Options
    If you legally married in every state the ring is yours.  Maybe I"m confusing you with someone else, but I thought you were married.
  • Options
    You should get all your children put on the Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program (link will post at bottom).  I actually think all split parents should do this just to be safe.  If your ex ever tried to get a passport for your child, you would be alerted (so if he tried to forge your signature and got a notary or something, they'd still contact you).  This would make it that much harder for your ex to take your children overseas.  We have done this with SD because BM did try to take her to Germany against our wishes.  It sucks in that you'll probably never be able to travel overseas with your kids until they're 18, but it's worth it to protect them.

So sign them up, you have every legal right to.  Hell if your ex wants, he can sign up as well so that he is notified if you ever applied for a passport for the kids.

https://travel.state.gov/family/abduction/prevention/prevention_560.html
  • Options
    SUWife - EXCELLENT advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Thanks Suwife, I am using the link right now. Honestly I am not telling him about it he can research on his own.

• Options
    Oh I wouldn't tell him about it.  I just meant if he ever found out about it he'd be allowed to sign up to (it's not like only one parent can sign up).  We never told BM about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"