Blended Families

NBFR: SO crabby

For the last two weeks I have been working on a Government bid from HELL.  I just finished the THIRD revision.  They change things in the 11th hour and they are asking for all this BS information. 

Not only that, a competitor has specified the bid in a manner that makes it hard for competitors to specify, and the end user must think we all make the exact same product.

To make matters worse, they submitted the last clarification late Friday, said it was due at 9AM Monday. I'm sorry people...I HAVE A LIFE!  I am not wasting one more minute of my personal time on ridiculous minute detail.

I just want to tell them, either you like our sh*t or you don't.  Order it or not. I DON'T CARE!!

I fully expect a 4th and 5th revision. At some point they have to stop. I think they have until end of this week to spend their money.

Re: NBFR: SO crabby

• Sorry. I know that was just a mindless rant, but I am so upset.  I get this feeling they are purposely m aking it painfully to weed out the ones that (as my husband puts it) "can't hang".

I'm just tired.  I'm tired of giving up my personal time and putting off other important things I need to do here at work for a bid that I feel is unlikely we will get because of how our competition has specified it. 

I feel like I'm re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
  • I get how you're feeling.  I've been going back and forth on the same thing for about 4 weeks now.  It needs to be way A, then I'm told by someone else they agreed on B, etc. etc.  So many changes that I am massively confused and keep getting contradictory emails, so I have no clue what to do.  And frankly I know what is the best way to do it, and will make less future work but they keep changing their minds, and I've got a million files now on my computer for this simple, what should've been 1 hour project.

Of course it is such a smaller thing than a gov't contract.  Your project may actually have meaning.  Mine is a bunch of college bureaucracy.

• Loading the player...
  • It's meaning is worth about 6 million. So yeah...it's a big deal, just painful when they don't have their act together.

An on top of it all....my day just got worse. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"