Blended Families

what do all of you do...

about people who do not abide by the court order?  I have a whole list of instances where BM to my step sons has not abided by the court order, but neither my husband or I know how to deal with this.  She is the custodial parent, but the boys are with us often enough that we are totally involved in their lives, but she refuses to play by the rules.  Example:  school year we do most of the transporting, but the CO says that she will do 1 transition a week during the school year.  She has done it once so far this year, and when she did it wasn't what was planned and ended up getting the boys to our house 2 hours later than they were supposed to be.  (she only lives 25 minutes away from us)

I'm just getting fed up with everything she does...I could write a book.  Today was an email to my husband telling him in one breath how disappointed she is in him as a father and "soon enough the boys will know what he's really like.." etc etc etc...then in the next breath says all she really wants is for everyone to get along for the boys sake.  DH never speaks poorly of her around the boys, never gets them involved at all in their disputes, but she will talk to him on the phone with them in the car and say things like "don't swear at me!" (when he hasn't) so that the boys hear it. 

Any advice?  Or you can just take this as a vent and comisserate with me.  =)

Re: what do all of you do...

• Document Document Document.  A lot of these things sound kind of petty if you take them in front of a judge, but we all know how frustrating they are on a day-to-day.  Unless you're asking the judge to do somethind different in regard to custody or child support, it probably isn't worth it to make a big deal out of all of this, so I guess you guys just have to weigh how much you're willing to put up with.  If she's going to be that way at exchanges, you can always ask for a neutral location with supervision, and that all communication be documented....it's just all such a hassle.

Definitely understand where you're coming from though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"