Adoption
Options

Sucker-punch

I'm having an IF moment and just need to vent for a second. I hate when it sneaks up on you and ruins your day.  :(

DD and I just had lunch with my mom and she told me that THREE of my cousins (all siblings) are all pregnant and all due in March/April.  My one cousin got pregnant two years ago (before she was married) and went on to marry the father.  They are now expecting their second.  Her older brother and his wife just got married last month, and her younger sister and her husband got married in July... both couples are now expecting.  (Which actually raises some questions about *when* their babies were conceived, but that's a whole other issue.)

Don't get me wrong -- I love my daughter SO MUCH!!!  I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world, and if we had to go through all of the IF and other things that we went through to become her parents, then it was all worth it!  If we had to, we'd do it all over again for her.  She is worth every pain and sacrifice and tear that was shed.  But it's just so darn frustrating when you know that you did everything "right" and like you were "supposed" to, and then here are three couples who -- BAM -- are pregnant just like that.  It just hurts because it definitely wasn't like that for us, and most likely won't be in the future.

*sigh*  I'm ok, really I am.  It's just a bit of a sucker-punch when you aren't expecting news like that.  I guess I just needed to whine about it for a minute, and now I need to make a choice to be done with it.  I think I'll go peek on my napping DD and remind myself how blessed I really and truly am.

Re: Sucker-punch

• Options
    I'm sorry sweety :-(  IF isn't over for you.. if you want to have more kids you'll have to seek treatments or adoption.  Both time-consuming, financially consuming and emotionally draining.

Being sad what comes easy to others can't come easy to you is in NO way a reflection of you as a mom or your love for your baby girl. 

Sometimes I get sad when a friend gets pg so easily cuz I know we will have to go through it all again to have another baby, but it doesn't make me regret going through all of it to get THIS baby....

I'm sorry :-(
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Married, allow yourself to have these feelings.  There's no shame in them.  Your love for your daughter is apparent, and no one could question it.  Unfortunately, that love can't wipe out your loss.

Treat yourself kind: get your favorite treat, take some time-out for yourself, and just pamper yourself a bit.  It's okay to have these emotions and to let them run their course.  Sometimes, there's no better cure than a good cry and/or wallowing in your emotions for a while.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry that you are having a rough day.
    While you are very blessed, you also have reason to grieve.  Take care of yourself.  And hug DD!  She'll make you feel 100% better! :)
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    Hugs girly!  I know exactly how you feel.  All of a sudden its like wham and takes you down!  Just know that once you are down you always can pick yourself back up!!!  Like the PP said...go hug that cute little DD of yours, I promise it will help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"