Blended Families

BM is BSC and is keeping SD

SO and I are so p!ssed right now, why can she do this?  He has been there for his daughter since the day she was born and they have had a verbal agreement since she was born that SO would have her at his house 50% of the time and she would have her 50% of the time.  (they were young-er and not really in a committed relationship when she got PG, but he knew his responsibilities and has ALWAYS thought of his DD before himself, unlike her BM).  Even tho she told him he'd never have to pay CS he has been for the past 2 1/2 years.

Why is it okay for the mom to do this, but if he ever tried to do something like this (which he would NEVER because he knows he'd be in the wrong) he would probably get arrested in a heart-beat?  We are meeting with his lawyer tomorrow at 4!  I can't wait and am SO happy that he is finally going to take this to court so she can't ever do this again. 

Re: BM is BSC and is keeping SD

• There is a bias in the system against fathers.  Hopefully one day things will change because not all fathers are dead beats like society sometimes portrays.  Our BM kidnapped SS for a year and nothing happened.  Like you said if it were the other way around he would've been arrested in a heartbeat.  Best of luck with the lawyer and your situation.  I hope and pray all work out for your family. 
  • Do you happen to be in Florida?  Because that's what would happen if my Dh tried something like that, he would get arrested on the spot.  BM has all the rights even though there is no CO.  It's not fair sometimes that we have to be subjected to her mood swings.  GL with the lawyer, we too will be getting one as soon as our finances allow for it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is NOT about a bias system so much as your H does not have a CO in place that he can refer to in times when she is keeping the child from him. Legally, there is no contract, no rule to follow, so chances are she or he can do whatever they want....should he test the waters, hellsno. He needs to do just what is planned go to a lawyer and get this handled the appropriate way.

Were the police called over this matter, or are you just guessing that nothing would happen to her?
  • Good grief - this is not about a system being biased against the father.  There needs to be a court order in place so that the legal system will have something to enforce.  I'm glad your SO is going to an attorney.  Getting a CO will eliminate lots of problems.  Good luck to you!
  • This is NOT about a bias system so much as your H does not have a CO in place that he can refer to in times when she is keeping the child from him. Legally, there is no contract, no rule to follow, so chances are she or he can do whatever they want....should he test the waters, hellsno. He needs to do just what is planned go to a lawyer and get this handled the appropriate way.

Exactly this.  Get a CO stat and follow it.  Also am I missing something??? What has she done that is so BSC?  I'm not having much sympathy here.  B/C your DH did not get a CO in the first place you are now dealing with this BS.  So if anything be pissed at him b/c he didn't handle his business and get a legally binding CO and documented CS calculated.  If you want us to understand then you need to give more information instead of a line that BM is BSC and keeping SD.  You never know from her perspective you may be the BSC one.  Just a thought.

ectopic 03/15/07 @ 9weeks; m/c 9.17.07 @ 6weeks ; m/c 04.02.09 @ 11weeks 1st Round of Clomid - 12/07/09; BFP 01/01/10; nonviable 01/18/10 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • I feel ya! BM does so many awful things, but I know if DH did even close to one of those things, his butt would be thrown in jail immediately. Defnitely a biased system. This is the exact reason why verbal agreements are a no-no. The person with the power can change their mind at any time and the other person can't do much about it. Glad you are meeting with a lawyer, they can get all this straightened out. GL!
  • imageMrs.Astros_Fan:
    Good grief - this is not about a system being biased against the father.  There needs to be a court order in place so that the legal system will have something to enforce.  I'm glad your SO is going to an attorney.  Getting a CO will eliminate lots of problems.  Good luck to you!

This! and You'll be lucky if when they do put a CO in place and Calculate CS you won't be hit w/ a whopping arrears payment b/c it can go all the way back to when the child was born.  And they don't have to accept what you say you paid as CS payments especially if it's no where near what was supposed to be paid.

It was handled wrong your H was misinformed and misguided. He didn't protect his rights and she's not BSC because possession is 9/10 of the law and that includes children.  She has her and she doesn't HAVE to let him have visitation without a CO making her.  Is he even on the birth certificate?  Because if they weren't married when the child was born he will have to prove paternity.

The only thing working in your favor is you have had consistant visits and an established relationship. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageDREWLILY:

Defnitely a biased system. This is the exact reason why verbal agreements are a no-no. The person with the power can change their mind at any time and the other person can't do much about it. Glad you are meeting with a lawyer, they can get all this straightened out. GL!

this.

I know not all courts are biased, but there are a lot that give mothers the advantage. Sad, but true.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 11/23/10 MMC @ 7w3d Discovered @ 10w2d D&C 1/12/11

BFP 7/6/11 Our Lucky Charm born 3/5/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"