3rd Trimester

Birthing Class

I don't know exactly how to word this, but what questions did you/do you have for birthing class? Mine is a 4 week series thats 3 hours one night a week. I don't know what we will be covering, but I am trying to make a list of questions that I want to make sure get answered. Its mostly stuff about hospital policies, but what other information did you ladies find the most beneficial? I know I'll have tons of breastfeeding questions and questions about pain medication options, but other than that I'm drawing a blank. And I know once class is over, I'll think of stuff that was missed.

Any ideas? (Sorry if that was confusing!)

Re: Birthing Class

• The questions that I will want to ask are about breastfeeding and pain management options.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wouldn't drive yourself crazy coming up with questions. Our class was 8 hours and went thru everything we could have possibly imagined about labor, delivery, breastfeeding, pain management, birth plans, etc. I imagine yours will be the same.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • They're pretty thorough.  I went in not knowing a whole lot about labor and delivery and have learned a ton in the past few weeks.  I think it's a matter of listening to what they have to say and forming questions based on what you learn.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I found that most of the questions that websites and books I'd read told me to ask were already answered as part of the course. Pretty much the only questions I had were clarification of things that were said in the class.

It's really not rocket science, it seems like the main purpose of the classes are to hammer all the important stuff into your head so it's impossible forget, even if you want to! Information overload was not a problem with the class I went to.

Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
  • Thanks ladies! My OB was making it sound like they would be skimming and if there was stuff I really wanted to know I would have to ask! I've also heard from some other people that have taken classes at my hospital say the class is a waste of time, but I just found out the instructor is fairly new, so hopefully she'll be better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"