Baby Names
Options

Girl Name

What are your thoughts on our girl name? Sophia Sacramento (our last name starts with "S" and is similar to Sacramento).  I can't decide how I feel about the first and last name starting with "s".

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl Name

• Options

Hopefully she won't have a lisp...

I am really not a fan of first and last names starting with the same initial. It is just my pet peeve though, nothing really wrong with it, I just prefer it to be different.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    imagetracerco:

What are your thoughts on our girl name? Sohpia Sacramento (our last name starts with "S" and is similar to Sacramento).  I can't decide how I feel about the first and last name starting with "s".

If you mean Sophia, I really like that name. If you actually meant Sohpia, I dislike it (soh-pee-ah?).

I actually like when first and last names start with the same letter, in most cases. Sophia Sacramento (or whatever you last name is that is close to that) sounds adorable.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see no problem with it. My first and last names start with the same letter, and I think it's kinda cool.
    DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • Options
    Love Sophia, it is on our list. How did you come up with Sacramento? I know it is a town but other than that is the name significant to you or do you just favor it?
  • Options
    Sacramento is not a name we are choosing.  It is what our last name rhymes with and starts with the same letter.  I didn't want to give my last name on the post.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

People seriously have reading comprehension issues.

I think Sophia Sacramento sounds fine. Some alliteration doesn't work, but I think the double s- does, especially because the names are longer.

• Options
    I think it's fine. I've always thought double letter names sound cool.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Options

imagetracerco:
    Sacramento is not a name we are choosing.  It is what our last name rhymes with and starts with the same letter.  I didn't want to give my last name on the post.

Gotcha, sorry i was ready too fast! My fisrt name starts with an S and my maiden name with an S as well and i had no issue with it growing up. I think it wull be fine and it is not a big deal at all.

• Options

our last name starts with an S and we have a Sophia! :)

I love it! it's really pretty!  

Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • Options
    I don't think anybody but you will think twice about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    It's okay... I personally don't care for the name Sophia.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love the name Sophia - I think it is a great choice!
  • Options
    i like it, we are naming our dd sophia sunshine. our last name starts with an m though
  • Options

OMG, I was seriously concerned you were giving your baby the middle name Sacremento.

I think it's cute. But I did know a girl named Stacy Sullivan who had a wicked lisp. Not that it's likely, but it's a concern. 

• Options

imagechrissyma:
    i like it, we are naming our dd sophia sunshine. our last name starts with an m though

Sunshine?! As the middle name?! Are you giving birth on a commune in 1967? 

• Options
    um no. my husband and i have always loved that name. i will admit we are both ex stoners but its a cute name so don't hate
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"