Stay at Home Moms
Options

Im sorry for the judging post

Ugh.  Im sorry.

It was simply a response to reading (a lot on 12-24) that people claim to not judge other people.  And I think that is silly.

I am not talking about how what you feed your kid, whether you work/SAH, if they are RR or FF, if they watch TV and all of the other things people do differently.  I don't really care.  I doesn't affect me.

I am talking about people (parents or non-parents) that are doing dumb things, unsafe things (kids w/o seatbelts, dogs in hot cars, smoking in a closed car with an infant, etc)  I don't know how people can claim they don't judge these types of things.

I am sorry I posted about this.  I feel bad and am embarrassed.  blah. sorry  

Re: Im sorry for the judging post

• Options

Why on earth would you apologize for that post-

i completely agree with you.

Judging is part of being human-

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wouldn't feel bad or embarassed about the post. I'm just sorry that people took it the wrong way, and not the way it was intended.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No apology necessary here. I agree that everyone judges. People who say they don't ever judge are lying. If someone is doing something wrong then yes I will judge them. This doesn't mean that if they are doing something different than I believe that I won't accept them or appreciate their difference but some actions that are just plain wrong are a sign of someone character. 

• Options

Its funny that you brought the whole 'judging' thing up ~ because honestly i am not really one to judge- on the minor things of life- i don't care (like you said) if you SAHM- or work, FF or BF, list goes on and on-

However- being pregnant currently (and the combo of tax season) has dramatically decreased my fuse for BS/drama etc. I also feel like things 'bother' me more- things that normally i could care less about.

Example: a working mom friend of mine and her DH are taking a trip over the holidays to NC- a 10 hour drive- they took 2 cars so it would allow both of them a chance to drive in peace (without their DS). I judged that- to myself.

I also judge said mom- anytime she leaves her DS in daycare longer so she can get things done in peace. Yet she constantly tells me how lucky i am to be home all day and can get things done. *ok- double standard here- you can't have both- be home all day AND have your kid in daycare- come on. I judged that- internally again.

It has to be pretty 'big' for me to actually judge someone and call them out. But sure-  I judge just like everyone else.

As for judging online- umm yeah i guess i do that too- there are certain posters- whose posts i will not open- because its not worth reading because i know how i feel (from prior judgements)- so i just don't open their posts. Makes it easier on me lol.

• Options
    I thought it was an interesting and relevant topic.  No need to apologize in my opinion.  No one is judging you for being honest.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelms_bride:
    I thought it was an interesting and relevant topic.? No need to apologize in my opinion.? No one is judging you for being honest.? :)

lol. I beg to differ. I am pretty sure I am being judged on this. ?But I guess my other judging-point is that I am ok w people judging me. I know it happens. People judge. Back to my original point. Oy. I am judged out as I am sure many of you are. :)
  • Options

TOTALLY no need to apologize!  I'm sorry if I made you feel bad - That completely wasn't my intent.  It's "my" issue that I immediately thought, "Hmm, what have I posted recently," and I just found it amusing.

I completely agree with your post and there's no reason to be sorry!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMamatoJackson:

TOTALLY no need to apologize!  I'm sorry if I made you feel bad - That completely wasn't my intent.  It's "my" issue that I immediately thought, "Hmm, what have I posted recently," and I just found it amusing.

I completely agree with your post and there's no reason to be sorry!!! 

I totally wasn't serious about it either. I was just joking around!

No need to apologize.

I'll send you a pic of what I'm wearing today and give you a good reason to judge me!! :)  

• Options
    imagelms_bride:
    I thought it was an interesting and relevant topic.? No need to apologize in my opinion.? No one is judging you for being honest.? :)

lol. I beg to differ. I am pretty sure I am being judged on this. ?But I guess my other judging-point is that I am ok w people judging me. I know it happens. People judge. Back to my original point. Oy. I am judged out as I am sure many of you are. :)
  • Options
    imagelms_bride:

• Options
    imageStacyc625:

Why on earth would you apologize for that post-

i completely agree with you.

Judging is part of being human-

Yeah!  Relax!!

• Options
    imageStacyc625:

Its funny that you brought the whole 'judging' thing up ~ because honestly i am not really one to judge- on the minor things of life- i don't care (like you said) if you SAHM- or work, FF or BF, list goes on and on-

However- being pregnant currently (and the combo of tax season) has dramatically decreased my fuse for BS/drama etc. I also feel like things 'bother' me more- things that normally i could care less about.

Example: a working mom friend of mine and her DH are taking a trip over the holidays to NC- a 10 hour drive- they took 2 cars so it would allow both of them a chance to drive in peace (without their DS). I judged that- to myself.

I also judge said mom- anytime she leaves her DS in daycare longer so she can get things done in peace. Yet she constantly tells me how lucky i am to be home all day and can get things done. *ok- double standard here- you can't have both- be home all day AND have your kid in daycare- come on. I judged that- internally again.

It has to be pretty 'big' for me to actually judge someone and call them out. But sure-  I judge just like everyone else.

As for judging online- umm yeah i guess i do that too- there are certain posters- whose posts i will not open- because its not worth reading because i know how i feel (from prior judgements)- so i just don't open their posts. Makes it easier on me lol.

Are you talking about me?  I knew you didn't like me Crying

• Options

10 month old Alaina is totally side-eye judging you right now for being such a judger. ;)

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    It seems I may have missed something since I originally read your post & the replies, but I don't think you have anything to apologize for!  Your post and your replies made total sense to me and I don't think there was anything wrong with it.  SO Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejenifairies:

10 month old Alaina is totally side-eye judging you right now for being such a judger. ;)

LOL

• Options
    imageEnglishMajor03:
    imageStacyc625:

Are you talking about me?  I knew you didn't like me Crying

lol ~ english you are such a goofball~! :)

• Options
    You have nothing to be sorry for.  Don't apologize and don't feel bad about it.  If people are that highly upset about what you said, they need to get a grip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"