Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

US Airways can suck it.

Our flight to FL was overbooked and while we eventually got on the first flight, we weren't so lucky on our connecting flight in Charlotte.

We initially weren't offered any compensation except "You'll be placed on the first available flight.... which is tomorrow at 1:20pm."

Um, no. Unacceptable.  I, as nicely as I could muster, explained that we had a 2 year old and all of our diapers, clothing, etc (medical necessities for her asthma) were packed in our luggage which was checked.  I also explained that we were flying into FL meeting other family members coming in from different states and that the car rental reservations were in MY name.  I, then, promptly burst into tears (thank you Clomid) and cried for quite awhile.  

Next we were offered travel vouchers good for $150 per ticket good for the next year and still put on the next flight which was the next afternoon.  No offer of hotel or meals in the meantime.  I, not quite as nicely, explained that this was still unacceptable.  With a small child, the chances of getting another vacation in the next year wasn't a guarantee for us and that the vouchers would go to waste.  Not to mention losing an entire day of our vacation currently.

I asked to speak to the supervisor's manager. 

At that point, we were then given a $650 check and guaranteed seats on the NEXT flight, an hour later than our original flight was supposed to leave. 

The inconvenience and emotional aspects of it all really sucked but it was pretty nice to get 3 round trip tickets to Florida for $250 total. 

Oh and on the return flight tonight, we got to witness a US Airways flight attendant get lippy and actually argue/verbally abuse a passenger. 

Pretty sure we won't ever fly them again.

Re: US Airways can suck it.

• Options

Sorry you went through all of this.  I hope the trip was good! 

I went through this hell when I had my girls trip to Vegas a couple of weeks ago.  They had sold my seat to me and another lady so they bumped me.  It took the biggest b*tchfest ever to get them to put me on a Southwest flight (no more US Airway flights were going out that night) and compensate me.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    Totally agree with you!   They wanted to charge me $5.00 for hot tea each time I wanted fresh warm water.  I hate US Airways!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, you did an excellent job of obtaining a proper resolution.
  • Options

Wow! Now I know why I havent been to visit my FL bestie. ; )

Have fun! Try not to think about it now! : )

• Options
    yikes.  Note to self not to fly with them.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options
    Wow, they were really in the wrong there. I'm glad you stuck to your guns.
  • Options
    imagebrittneycc1982:

Wow! Now I know why I havent been to visit my FL bestie. ; )

Have fun! Try not to think about it now! : )

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!

• Options

Sorry to hear that.  How annoying!

But I have to say, I've only ever flown US Air and have never had a problem.  When I was 6.5 months pregnant, on the flight home from Las Vegas, there were some extra seats so the flight attendant moved a couple of people around so that DH and I could have the aisle to ourselves.  It was really nice of him.  And when we flew to San Diego for my brother's wedding when Ben was 5 months old, they moved us to the bulkhead so we would have more room.  I hope I'm not jinxing my streak of good luck by posting this.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"