Attachment Parenting

XP- If you gave birth @ a birth center ?s for you

Hi- never posted here before- hope that some of you might be able to give your insight- we are planning on having this baby @ my midwifery practice's birth center- 

I know it seems silly to ask- but what did you take w/ you?

for you?

for the baby? 

I am hoping to be able to get away w/ taking less than we did to the hospital for DD since we hopefully won't be there as long (also we didn't use 1/2 the stuff we took.)  I think we are going to CD from the beginning- if we are there max 12 hrs post-birth I guess I need to bring half a dozen diapers- allowing for changing every 2 hrs?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: XP- If you gave birth @ a birth center ?s for you

• I brought a nightie and a change of clothing. with the diapers six should be enough. we were only at our center for 6 hours after birth.  also drinks and snacks. plus whatever for the baby :)

Good luck!

• our birth center gave us a list of things to bring, for me and for babe. our weirdo state laws don't allow them to prepare foods for patients, so the list includes things like frozen oj and something lovely to eat after delivery. we were there about 10 hours total, including labor + pp.

for me + DH: snacks, music, a short nightie for the actual birthing in case i decided i didn't want to be commando in pics, rice socks for comfort measure, clothes to wear home.

for LO: we brought sposies but yes, i think around 6 CDs would be plenty, lots of wipes, something to wear home, blanket, carseat.

our childbirth instructor rec'd wiping baby's bum with olive oil pp. those first meconium poos wont stick so bad :)

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • For me:

FOOD!  A water bottle, iPod, nursing tank, comfy clothes to wear home, toiletries if you think you might want to shower before you leave (I didn't).

Baby:

Diapers (I think 6 will be perfect), clothes to wear home, hat, receiving blanket(s).

Don't forget your camera, phone and assorted chargers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"