Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Name ? for baby #2 in regards to baby #1

So my DD's name is Adaira (version of Irish name, honors ancestory etc) and a name we really like as well for a girl is Aurelia. Are these names too matchy matchy? I think they are but DH is set on the second name for this DD. I love the name too but am having second thoughts.... opinions?
My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Name ? for baby #2 in regards to baby #1

• Options
    They're a little matchy but not over the top, IMO. Aurelia is pretty. I actually heard that name for the first time yesterday!
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options

can you post phonic spellings of each? i think that will help me decide.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think they are too matchy. Imagine calling both their names at the same time. Don't you think it will be a tongue twister to yell "Adaira!" "Aurelia!"
    ??

Especially since they both start and end in "A".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love the name Aurelia. I have wanted to use that name for a girl since the first time I saw Love Actually.

The names are matchy, but not horribly so.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    I really like that name, but I do think they're kinda matchy. But if you love the name, I'd go ahead and stick with it.
  • Options

eesome:

Adaira is spelled like it's said, Ad- air- a (I guess another way would be A-dare-a)

Aurelia is pronounces (Ah-rail-ya)

And yes, I agree that yelling together is weird and have pointed this out to DH but he disagrees.

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJune2007:

And yes, I agree that yelling together is weird and have pointed this out to DH but he disagrees.

Both my sister and I have "L" names, and my mother would get our names mixed up all the time. She would also get tongue twisted and blend them together from time to time. lol

Well-- whatever decision you two decide, both names are beautiful. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Personally, I think they are too matchy.
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options
    i like them both but don't know if i think they are too matchy.
  • Options
    They're both great names. (I was thinking "Hmm, maybe we could do Adaira if we ever had a girl" ... and then realized how incredibly rhymey it would be with our last name! ;)) They are a little matchy for my taste. I'd try to find something else you both agree on but if not, go with Aurelia. :)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Ooh i really like both names, they are a little matchy but i am a fan of that so i think it's great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"