North Dakota Babies
Options

Recommended reading list? (for the millionth time)

I know this has been posted 100000000 times but there's no functional search option on here.

What books do you recommend for labor and delivery and for after baby comes?

I'm not set on a natural childbirth but am open to reading about them I guess. :)

TIA 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010

Re: Recommended reading list? (for the millionth time)

• Options

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth - IMO a good read for the birth stories even if you are not going natural.  It might be a little preachy for some in the second part but I think that would be easy to skip over

The Nursing Mother's Companion

I have Baby 411 but I haven't really used it yet

Also The Vaccine Book by Dr Sears if that is something you are interested in learning about.  I feel like it is pretty balanced and is NOT anti-vaccination

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Business of being born, The happiest baby on the block (or sleep whisperer if that appeals to you) and any Dr. Sears book.

I also like seeking a deal on a mommy magazine so I get to digest quick bits here and there.

• Options

Here is a good link for a few books:

https://www.colleenthedoula.com/ColleensBookList.html

I also recommend "Your Best Birth" to everyone- it does a great job of giving you all your options.  It is the book version of Business of Being Born. I would lend it out to you but my other preggo friend has it right now.  

• Options
    imagetrevess:

Here is a good link for a few books:

https://www.colleenthedoula.com/ColleensBookList.html

I also recommend "Your Best Birth" to everyone- it does a great job of giving you all your options.  It is the book version of Business of Being Born. I would lend it out to you but my other preggo friend has it right now.  

Morgan- If you want, I can lend you my copy of Your Best Birth since I've already read it.

• Options
    imagenatalee215:

Morgan- If you want, I can lend you my copy of Your Best Birth since I've already read it.

If for some reason Morgan doesn't want it, I'll take it!

• Options
    Your best birth is by Ricki Lake, right? (I'm looking at the library listings)
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options

imageBlondeBeachBride08:
    Your best birth is by Ricki Lake, right? (I'm looking at the library listings)

Yes and Abby Epstein.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"