TTC after 35
Options

Wow! What next?

Hi ladies,

It's been a few months since I posted because I emotionally wasn't here and able to.

I started IVF in Oct, did retrieval and transfer mid Nov, then miscarried first of Dec.

I decided not to do anything for a few months mostly because of the emotions and the finances. Jason and I had made the decision to start treatments again which would have started this week.

I thought for the heck of it I would POAS before we began second cylce. WTF... BFP!!!  on our own. Of course I did the first test on Sunday then again this morning and we saw a doctor today that confirmed.

I'm not sure where to go next.... do I go to my OB/GYN or to the RE?  

Thanks for listening and keep the faith & hope.

carrie

Re: Wow! What next?

• Options

What wonderful news.  I think your RE may pass you onto the OB because he/she didn't get your pregnant.  But maybe call whomever you'd like to see. 

Good luck and keep us posted. 

• Options
    Congratulations!  That is one of those awesome stories that are so rare, but give people hope.  I don't have RE experience to give you advice, but H&H 9 months!
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a fantastic fluke! You must've been surprised and thrilled all in one! Congratulations you two!
    Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
  • Options
    Congratulations!  Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay!!!!  Big congratulations!
  • Options
    Yay! That's an awesome story! Congrats!
  • Options

Congratulations!!  This is a great story!!!

H&H 9!!!

• Options
    Congratulations!  I had started to see my RE after my first m/c and we had started in on some of the testing route when I had a chemical pg and another m/c.  Both times I called the RE and he brought me in for betas both times.  I decided to stick with seeing him because I figured he would be a bit more proactive about beta testing and other issues that might need to be taken care of before being passed back to my OB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congrats! I got pg on my own several times and after I started seeing the re, my ob wanted the re to follow me early on. I would just call and askthe ob. Good luck!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options

WOW WOW WOW indeed!

Carrie, this is such amazing news! H&H 9 months to ya!

I was supposed to do IUI in October '09, but AF never showed because I was pregnant on my own.

I called the RE and went in for blood work anyway.

I would say it's really up to you whether you want to go to the RE and get all the betas done or not. (Although your OB might send you there if you ask him/her).

IMO:

The pros: You know more about what's going on.

The con: Sometimes the betas are unpredictable, and they don't call it beta hell for nothing.

• Options

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'm SOOOOOO happy for you Carrie!!! (in case you couldn't tell by all the exclamation points).  This totally made my day.  It's been raining cats and dogs where I am for 2 days now and it's very depressing- and you just put me in the best mood!  I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing.  I guess I know the answer now!

Personally, I would skip the beta hell and go straight to your OB at around 7 weeks.  Since you got pregnant without the RE, there is no reason to put yourself through the blood tests but if you're unsure, just call your RE to see what he/she says.

Oh- one more thing.  Stay off the 1st trimester board.  Really- it's so tempting to go on it but it will drive you nuts with all the symptoms and problems/issues going on there.  I wish I had never looked at it once!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options

What a wonderful inspiring story!  Congrats. 

I remember you from when you were on here before.  Its so nice to hear from you and to hear that you are K/U!

• Options
    Yeah!!!! Congratulations I love happy success stories like this thanks for sharing and bringing us all your GL vibes.  H&H 9.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    YAY! What a wonderful story! If I were you I would go to the RE. I think they do a lot more early U/S and usually see you earlier than an OB. H&H 9 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"