Stay at Home Moms
Options

Do you shop garage sales?

You should!! lol

DD and I stopped by one a few streets over this morning and got some fun toys for outside this summer!  

Re: Do you shop garage sales?

• Options
    Definetly!! In the summer there are a ton by where we live!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am hoping to get some yard toys as well!!  I probably would have done better w/ those types of things at the end of last summer, but I'm hoping to be able to find a few things!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

a lot!!   most of my childrens' toys come second hand from garage sales and quite a lot of their clothing too.  if you hit the right neighborhoods you can get some very very nice name brand things that are barely worn/used.   thus my daughter has gymboree, hannah andersen, tommy, baby gap etc clothing.   and i won't mention our little tykes play house, car, tricycle.

and don't forget to bargain-or ask for better prices--i got her tricycle for $3 instead of $5 cuz i asked if they would take that!

• Options
    I don't, but my mom does.  She's bought some good stuff for Ben.  I'm neurotic and make sure that everything gets wiped down/sanitized before he touches it though. 
  • Options

OMG Garage sales are the best!!! I love them.  Of course I do buy only hard plastic toys so I can sanitize them but I looove them!

And clothes from "good families" are great too.   

• Options
    YES! It's my summertime addiction.

My sis and I get up super early, hit as many sales as possible, and then stop by McDonald's for breakfast. Sometimes we hit a few more after that. We go hardcore about it too. We highlight all the ones in the paper we want to visit and program the stops into the GPS on my phone. lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I plan on doing almost all of my baby shopping at rummage sales this summer!  I'm not even tempted by the cute newborn clothes in stores because all I can think is, "I could get that for 50 cents at a rummage sale this summer!"  Lol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"