Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Beaba Babyfood Maker

If you make your own baby food, do you have one of these?  I was initially just planning on steaming fruits and veggies myself then blending them but I've seen such rave reviews about this thing.  Is it worth it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Beaba Babyfood Maker

• We have it and I just used it today for the first time. I made sweet potatoes. It was fun and easy to use. You can get the same result using other appliances, but it was simple and easy. Plus, since it is all in one machine, you only have to clean one appliance. It was a gift from a friend who loves hers. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have one and love it, but I am challenged in the cooking department, so appliances that make things simple and explain how-to are great for me. That said, it is essentially a blender and a steamer in one. The capacity is smaller than what you would be able to produce with a regular blender and steamer. So, if you are more comfortable in the kitchen, then I'm not sure it is worth it. However, if you are challenged like myself and want easy-to-clean convenience, then I think it is worth it.
  • Loading the player...
  • We got one and I do really like having it.

I think that it depends on how long you want to do purees.  I am thinking that we wont end up using it for more than 2-3 months before we are on 100% table food.

• Honestly I think it's a waste of money.  I just bake or steam my veggies (baked are yummier)  and then use my $40 3 cup food processor. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with the previous posters...its a great nifty little machine.  SO easy to use and super easy to clean.  I like having everything in one - I have a steamer and a food processor, but the time I save cleaning dishes is worth it to me.  As a working mom, I think it helps me feel like I can still make Henry's food while not having a whole lot of extra time. 
  • I have one and LOVE IT!! It steams for just the right amount of time to ensure the proper nutrients are not leached out of the food. It purees like a dream. I can see using this for years to come for things other than just baby food such as my childs own applesauce, cranberry sauces etc.

2 thumbs up from me. If I know a mom is going to make baby food, I thoroughly plan on buying it as a baby shower gift for them.

• imageskinnursemandee:

I have one and LOVE IT!! It steams for just the right amount of time to ensure the proper nutrients are not leached out of the food. It purees like a dream. I can see using this for years to come for things other than just baby food such as my childs own applesauce, cranberry sauces etc.

2 thumbs up from me. If I know a mom is going to make baby food, I thoroughly plan on buying it as a baby shower gift for them.

This exactly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"