Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

NTR: Poll-Exercise

How often do you exercise?  What kind of exercise do you do?  And when do you do it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NTR: Poll-Exercise

• Options

I exercise 3-4 days/week.  I mostly do 30 Day Shred while DD is napping, or when the weather is nice we'll go for a long walk outside. 

I need to exercise more and/or eat less dessert to battle this dang extra five pounds that's hanging around!

• Options
    My goal is to exercise 3 days a week (Mon/Wed/Fri) and do the 30 day shred.  I haven't been too good at being consistant with it but I'm working on it.  I also go for lots of walks with DD and in general I keep busy chasing her around.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I go to the gym 3-4 days a week. Mondays, I do a burn class (interval sprints on the treadmill mixed with strength training). Wednesdays I usually do a rebound class (on a trampoline) followed by a body sculpting class, and Thursdays I do a full body resistance class on something that is kind of like a pilates machine (hard to explain). On the weekends I usually just do the treadmill. DS goes to the gym daycare on Mondays, and is at his 2 year old program W/Th (with DH on weekends).

I also don't drive, so DS and I walk 2-3 miles a day. Actually, the gym is a mile walk each way.

Unfortunately, I have been gorging on DS's Easter candy, so my hard work at the gym has been completely negated this week. Oh well.

• Options
    Ummmm .... n/a.
  • Options
    Ummmm...that'd be pretty much never.  Pre-kids, I was a 4-5 day a week gym girl.  On maternity leave, I managed a one day a week dance class for a little while because they let me bring the kids.  Since I've been back to work, there is no time or energy for that kind of thing. :(
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

pre kids... jogged 5-7 days a week. 

post dd (#1)... walked every day, did pilates at home, and started going to the gym to jog on a treadmill/dd in playroom w/ gym sitter  3-5 days a week starting when she was 8 or 9 m/o.

post ds (#2).... what's exercise?   I do walk the dog while pushing the kids in the stroller over the summers... too cold here during the winters (with dc in tow).  dh walks him in the mornings during the week, work most weekends.  I did train for a 5k last summer and jogged /walked it while pushing the kids in the double stroller... it was a pathetic fail.   when ds starts preschool next fall... I plan on jogging full force again.    

• Options
    jmn69jmn69 member
    Usually 3 or 4 times a week.  I do the 30 Day Shred and walk outside.  Every once in a while I'll do an On Demand workout.
  • Options

I try to go to the gym three days a week. Currently, being 27 weeks pg, I do a half hour on the treadmill at a speed that keeps my heartrate around 120, then I do a half hour of light weight training. I either do free weights for my arms or machines for my legs, alternating the days that I do them.

When I'm wasn't pregnant, I was doing a lot more strenuous workouts with a lot of resistance/core training (lunges, pushups, planks, and heavier free weights, etc.). I was also going 4-5 days per week.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I exercise whenever I can, which evens out to be 3-4 days per week.  I either go for a run or do a Turbo Jam workout (sculpting or kickboxing) at 7pm when DS goes down for the night.  I do push-ups every other night and an ab workout almost every other night. 
  • Options
    I get up at 6am every weekday morning and meet my mom on the corner (she lives a block away.) We then go for a 3 mile walk (although we are down to about 2.5 miles now). This and chasing Kacey around!
  • Options
    My goal right now is to exercise 5 days a week, but if I make 3 I'm happy.  I do either the elliptical or treadmill, except on Mondays when I go to a pilates class and Saturdays when I do a Zumba class.  I need to start going to a Bodypump class soon as well. I work out at our local YMCA.
  • Options
    I excercise 5-6 days a week. I do the elliptical/treadmill with the bike (I walk outside to mix it up a little). Then a couple days a week I do the weigh machines for my arms.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

normally 3-4x a week.

right now at 34wks preg? 2-3. lol

i do circuit classes mainly. weights mixed with cardio.

i go at about 9am.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options
    I have been exercising 6 days a week for at least an hour.  I try to do it during nap time, but usually its late at night.
  • Options
    I go to the gym and do the stairmaster and weight training whenever I can.  So... it was supposed to be 4 days/wk but I'm lucky to get there once a week these days.  It all depends on DH and my mom's availability to watch the kids while I go (they have been sick since early December so I can't use the gym's childcare).
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I do the 30-day shred at least 4-5 times a week. I try to do it everyday but don't always get the chance. I usually do it first thing in the morning while DD's playing just to get it over with.
    DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • Options
    Until I got m/s again, I was running 3x a week in the afternoons after DH got home.  Now that I feel like vomiting all of the time, I'm not doing anything.  Once m/s goes away, I'll probably replace that running with walking, as a 5 week hiatus (so far) isn't conducive to starting up again easily.
  • Options

I haven't exercised since last fall, back before I was in nursing school.  It (school) was so time consuming, that I didn't have time to exercise so it fell to the wayside. 

When I did exercise, it was walking and running outside.  Then when I quit nursing school, it was cold.  Too cold for this chicken to run outside.

We can't really afford a gym membership, and don't own any equipment.

Now that it's warmer, I am about to start walking/running again.  I'm thinking about trying the "Couch to 5K" plan.  Then just doing some home exercises (sit-ups, push-ups, squats, hand weight stuff) to build some muscle.  I may start taping some exercise shows from the Fit TV channel, or seeing if there's something like that On Demand.  I can't do regular workout DVD's because I get bored with the repetitiveness.

• Options
    4-5 days per week.  i run and lift weights.  during the weekdays i work out after Carson goes down, about 8ish.  during the weekends i work out normally during his nap is dh is around, if not...........after he goes to bed.
  • Options
    I am still in physical therapy so I only do weights and pool.  I try to do it 3-4x a wk.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    Pre #2 I was at the gym Tu/Th/Sun. 30 min of cardio on Tu/Th and 1 1/2 of yoga on Sundays. As of the other week I'm running about 2 mi 3 times per week- tonight was up to 2.5 mi. I go Weds/Fri/Sat. My goal is to try to train for the 1/2 marathon in Sept. Trying to get babysitter for Sundays so I can get back to yoga.
  • Options
    I don't exercise during the winter.  During the warmer months we go for walks.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options

When I'm pregnant, I work out five or six days a week, usually running 3-4 miles on the treadmill and sometimes doing the elliptical. When not pregnant, I work out six days a week; I usually run about 50 miles per week and do some elliptical after my shorter runs.

We have a home gym in our basement, which gives me no excuses! During the week, I work out after feeding DD breakfast while she plays in the same room. On weekends, I work out (and run outside when I can) while DH feeds her breakfast.

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Options

no, but I find myself really tired and rundown and have been thinking about starting up again.  When I was single, I worked out 5-6x a week, and was in the best shape.

I really hope once New Baby comes and I quit work that I will make time to exercise more often.

• Options
    I exercise 4-5x a week and take walks after dinner with the boys whenever the weather lets us. After they got to bed at 8:30 I do the P90X workouts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"