Stay at Home Moms
Options

std & Staying home....

We've been talking about if I'll go back to work after Baby.  DH really doesn't make enough to live off of but he wants to start a side furniture business.  Which if sucessful we could make it.  I have a good job I really like but paying over $1000 for daycare is hard to swallow; especially when it means someone else raising my baby.  I don't know when we'll be able to make a concrete decision about this.  So my question is if I was to take the std my company provides and then I decide not to come back to work - would I have to repay what I am paid on std?  I know I would have to repay my medical insurance....Thanks for the help!

Re: std & Staying home....

• Options
    this is a question for your HR dept- not an internet board. each company is different.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was kind of in the same boat. We decided after my leave was up that I wouldn't be going back to work, and I did not have to pay back the STD benefits I received.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good to know!  I don't really want to ask HR about this because I don't want them to think Im not coming back but I also don't want to have to pay back 6-8 weeks of pay at 100%!
  • Options
    Check your employee handbook.
  • Options
    I did not have to pay anything back, but definitely double check with your company!!!! 
  • Options
    Typically, no- you wouldn't have to pay it back.  But employment law varies greatly from state to state & is also dependent upon the insurance company that would be paying your STD.  If you don't want to call HR then call them and they should be able to help you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"