Nurseries and Baby Gear

fabric for bedding

Hope that the link posts ok. We chose this fabric for our bedding. I am trying to decide what to do for each piece. We don't want it to get to wild looking with the different patterns. I was thinking the third one down would be the main print for the skirt and bumper with piping being the fourth print from the top. Crib sheets would be made from the other fabrics with small prints. Quilt will be using all of the prints, but will be mostly ivory in color. What do you think? The quilt is single girl pattern by denyse schmidt. We also have to come up with wall color. I love gray walls. We added a gray fabric with white polka dots to this grouping to try to pull out the gray. Not sure if it will work well enough for the wall color though.

Thanks for your help!!

https://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43775249

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: fabric for bedding

• That's a lot of fabrics there! My advice is to pick one dominant fabric and use the others in much smaller quantities to "accent" the main fabric.  For example, pick one main fabric for the crib skirt, and have the others in small quantities on the bottom of the skirt; again, have one main fabric on the outside of the bumper and the others in squares (or rectangles) on the inside of the bumper.  

I think this would help avoid a confused, mismatched look and pull all the fabrics together nicely.

• LCB34LCB34 member

You have way too much going on here.  You need to narrow down your fabric choices to two, maybe three, patters and stick with those. Otherwise you nursery will look like a hot mess.

• Loading the player...
  • Those are beautiful fabrics, but I have to agree with PP - that is A LOT. I would try to narrow it down. I did custom bedding and this is what I did:

• Striped pattern for skirt
    • Dotted pattern for bumper
    • Minky fabric for inside of bumper
    • Back of quilt (not necessary) a different dotted fabric, and honestly now I regret doing a dotted fabric on the back of the quilt. I should've just done a solid color.
  • all of those fabrics are for the quilt. They will be very subtle and not all over the place. See pattern here https://www.dsquilts.com/fabric_and_patterns.asp?PageID=83

The overall scheme will most likely be 3 of the prints...one for bumper, one for bumper piping, the same bumper print will be skirt. Several of the smaller patterns will be crib sheets (ie one pattern at a time will be on crib). The rest will simply be used in the quilt and the quilt has very little color, so it shouldn't look over done!

• imageaewood97:

all of those fabrics are for the quilt. They will be very subtle and not all over the place. See pattern here https://www.dsquilts.com/fabric_and_patterns.asp?PageID=83

The overall scheme will most likely be 3 of the prints...one for bumper, one for bumper piping, the same bumper print will be skirt. Several of the smaller patterns will be crib sheets (ie one pattern at a time will be on crib). The rest will simply be used in the quilt and the quilt has very little color, so it shouldn't look over done!

I think that makes total sense. I love the 3rd, 4th and 5th (with the little owls) and think the three of those would make a great nursery scheme. The quilt pattern is minimalist and lovely. Looking forward to seeing your finished product!

• Agree I love 3, 4, 5 and 6.  This will turn out just beautiful!  Please post finished products!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"