Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Why can't I ever produce enough?? (repost from 0-3)

I'm so frustrated.  DD is 3 months old today and I still can't seem to produce enough.  I work full time as a teacher.  My DH brings her up to school at lunch time each day so I can feed her.  I pump in the morning and feed her right away when I get home, but I still can't seem to produce enough.  She ate at 5:30 and now she wants to eat again at 7:00 and I have nothing.  I'm empty. 

Someone told me about pumping before feeding and this will help produce more??  Does this work??

I'm looking for help and answers.  We supplement with formula, but I'd rather produce enough for all her feedings.

Tia!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why can't I ever produce enough?? (repost from 0-3)

• Options
    What I have heard to do is to pump more and more every day. Like even if its a few minutes. There is also a vitamin you can take
  • Options

Suggestions that work for me (and I am now happy to report an oversupply):

1.  Lactation cookies by Noel Trujillo (google it).

2.  Power Pumping (10 minutes on, 10 minutes off for an hour at least once a day on the weekend).

3.  Mother's Milkmaid tea.

4.  Oatmeal for breakfast.

Good luck.  Hang in there. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bookmarking this for later, I'm having supply issues too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have the same problem.  We BF and supplement with formula.  We have been to the LC twice  (at 1 week and 3 mo) and here are her suggestions for increasing supply:

1) take fenugreek and blessed thistle supplements

2) pump 10 mins after every feeding

3) drink plenty of water

4) if your LO STTN, pump in the middle of the night (she said not to go more than 5-6 hours without feeding or pumping)

5) If baby wants to feed all evening after being away from mom during the day, let her (if you can).  You may not get much done, but constant feeding is great for the supply!

These suggestions still haven't helped me to EBF, but they have helped to slowly increase supply. Good luck and hang in there, I know it's hard!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"