Northern California Babies
Options

NT Scan tomorrow - I have to have a full bladder?

My appointment is at 8:45AM.  How the heck am I suppose to manage that?  Do I just hold it from when I wake up at 6AM? (seems totally impossible, and painful!) Chug a bunch of water? If so, how much? And how soon before the appointment?

Re: NT Scan tomorrow - I have to have a full bladder?

• Options

Did they tell you you had to have a full bladder?

My bladder had to be empty for all my screens/ultrasounds.

• Options
    Yup, they just called me to confirm the appointment and tell me I have to have a full bladder.  I'm cringing just thinking about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto Rach.  The doc told me it had to be full and the tech said nope had to be empty.

p.s. I'm so excited for you guys!!!

• Options

Yikes!  In that case, I would just drink a bunch of water about an hour before your scan.

So exciting!!!!

• Options
    Don't stress. Just pee when you wake up, and drink a full glass of water on your drive to the appointment. It needs to be full, but you don't need to be uncomfortable :)
  • Options

I had to, my appt was at 9, so I drank water when I woke up and tried to get enough by the appt time.

GL

• Options

imageAvaLikeLava:
    Don't stress. Just pee when you wake up, and drink a full glass of water on your drive to the appointment. It needs to be full, but you don't need to be uncomfortable :)

This sounds like a good plan.

I ended up drinking too much and ended up "partially emptying" my bladder minutes before my appointment. THAT was not fun.

Good luck tomorrow!! I'm SO BEYOND excited for you!!!!!!!!!

- Rene
  • Options

I didn't drink any water until I got to the appt. I drank a couple cups of water it was fine.

• Options
    I always had to have a full bladder as well.  My instructions said drink 16 oz one hour prior and hold it. 
  • Options

imageAng&Garrett:
    I always had to have a full bladder as well.  My instructions said drink 16 oz one hour prior and hold it. 

This I can do...I think. Thank you!

• Options
    They didn't mention anything about it for mine. I was drinking water once I got up just because I was feeling dehydrated that week. But they never mentioned anything to me about forcing myself to drink.
  • Options

imageAng&Garrett:

This is good advice. I drank about 24 ounces during the drive to the appointment, and it was too much. I was in pain by the time they got around to seeing me!

Fortunately, they let me go use the bathroom. My tech said that it really was not a problem to let me do so.

GL tomorrow, I can't wait to hear about it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ditto pps...don't drink so much you're uncomfortable.

Very exciting!

• Options
    imageSJBride05:

imageAng&Garrett:

This I can do...I think. Thank you!

Ditto, this is all you need to do. I actually decided I couldn't hold it and went as soon as we got to the office, and they were on time so I was expecting to be told to drink some water and come back a little later. But even in that 15 minutes my bladder had filled up enough to make them happy and by the end of the scan I really had to go again. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"