Single Parents

he wont do it!

My BD is refusing to sign the papers to change LO's last name from his to mine. I have no idea what to do. I know that I cant force him but he never sees him so I don't understand why he won't let me change it. He said that I was trying to "write him out of his life" but he is doing that on his own. I'm going nuts here!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: he wont do it!

• I would not agree to that either. 
  • mrgnmrgn member
    It sounds like, if this is something you really want to pursue, you're going to need to contact a lawyer.
  • Loading the player...
  • I understand you frustration, but your son is less than 2 months old.  To say his father is writing himself out of his son's life is a bit premature.  I would let things lie for a little while and see if your ex steps up to the plate.  He may surprise you.  Your son won't even know his last name for a few years and by then things could be totally different.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no! I have no words of advice for you...I just picked up the paperwork to do that myself!  Here where I am at, the child must be 1 year old and a citizen of the US for 1 year.  Cadance just turned 1 year old on Saturday.  I wonder what Richard will think when he gets the papers for this name change.  In my circumstances, he has made no attempt to see her and has not paid any child support AT all but has not seen her since May, 10 months ago.  Good luck, keep us posted what happens...I will be interested to know if you do have to get a lawyer on this one!
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• OMG!! I totally agree girl!!  My ex's name is Richard LOL!!  I wonder who made that one about Josh....maybe they could give us info on how to make one for ***, which is short for Richard ROFLMAO!!!
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"