North Dakota Babies
Options

Let's talk contractions

I don't think I've had any....no BHC, nothing.

Please describe to me what your contractions felt like, BHC & the real deal!!

Re: Let's talk contractions

• Options

I will be interested to hear about this also.  I never had any BHC and never felt any contractions even after my water broke.  The nurses said I should be feeling the ones that were showing up on the monitor.  They asked me if I was sure I wasn't feeling them.  Makes me wonder...

• Options
    Some people describe contractions as cramp-like but worse. There really is know describing them. As the old adage goes, when you have them there is no mistaking that's what it is. BHC are completely painless, its just feels like your stomach & uterus are really tight and hard.
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAshleysred:

I will be interested to hear about this also.  I never had any BHC and never felt any contractions even after my water broke.  The nurses said I should be feeling the ones that were showing up on the monitor.  They asked me if I was sure I wasn't feeling them.  Makes me wonder...

I read that on you blog & thought, SHE'S CRAZY!!  J/k!!

• Options
    Cristina's description of BHC was a "boner of the uterus" and I like it Smile  It just feels like the uterus gets tight and hard, but I usually would have to actually put my hand on my belly to know it was happening for sure.  Also, later you can sometimes see your belly tighten up.  When my real contractions started, they were pretty much the same as BHC but a little tighter and with the addition of lower back pain.  I had a lot of back labor because she was so low, so my contractions felt a lot like I had to poop.  Towards the end when they got really intense, I will agree with my BFF's description - "A red hot vice grip tearing you in half."  Fortunately that part didn't last too long.
  • Options
    BHC were always just like a wave of tightening, they usually happened when I laid down. The real contractions this time around felt like my uterus was in a knot, and someone was trying to pull it out my whooha, with some pressure in my back.
  • Options
    I would describe contractions as extreme cramps.  It would start out mild then escalate to uncomfortable and taper back down to mild.(I say mild lightly because this was in the very beginning stage of labor)  There was a definite rhythm to them.  My stomach would tighten and be hard as a rock during the contraction. 
  • Options

imagelindeenwedding:
    contractions as cramp-like but worse. BHC are completely painless, its just feels like your stomach & uterus are really tight and hard.

Hmmm....I'll have to try to keep better tabs on myself.  I just chalk any kind of pain or discomfort on the baby.....as in poking or prodding me....
    This is def good to know but I feel like my stomach has been kinda like that the whole time....maybe I'm just a strange bird, LOL!

• Options
    Annie - You will know when you feel them.  I think that the description of it feels like really bad poop pains describe them well.  I remember telling the nurses when I was 10 cm dialated that I was really embarrassed because I felt like I needed to go #2.  She told me that I couldn't because the baby was ready to be delivered.
  • Options
    Is it too late to say I don't want to go through labor??  UGHHHHH!!
  • Options
    imageeamaines:

I don't think I've had any....no BHC, nothing.

Please describe to me what your contractions felt like, BHC & the real deal!!

I have never felt anything either!!! 

• Options

Annie and Mel, have either of you felt one side of your belly get harder than the other side?  If so, that is a BHC.  A lot of girls in my childbirth class said they hadn't had them and that is what the nurse told them. 

I had a lot of BHC in the 2nd trimester but haven't had as many lately.  When I do, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest and I can't breathe.  My stomach gets really hard as well. 

• Options
    imageeamaines:
    imageAshleysred:

I read that on you blog & thought, SHE'S CRAZY!!  J/k!!

I am sure my nurse thought the same thing!

• Options

For me, BH felt like my belly was tightening up and I would become short of breath. Like, if I was walking and started experiencing BH contrax then I'd actually have to stop and sit down because I could not walk & breath.

Now, for the real deal - It felt like the worst, oh my gawd I'm dying mentstrual cramps EVER. They would come in waves and then it got the point where I felt like they were coming one after another, like I had no break in between them. That's when I asked for the epi and my world became a much happier place. Then again, I was induced (therefore on Pitocin) and I've heard that Pitocin can make them stronger.

When it's time to push, you'll know. You will feel this really strong pressure in your butt. I just pushed like I was taking a dump and she was out in no time - I was told I was a great pusher (maybe they were blowing smoke up my asss?) but that's what I did and it worked!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"