Breastfeeding

After almost 10 months the dairy barn is closed!

It's official.  I'm hanging up my horns.  I've been an EP'er since the beginning of July.  We BF'd for the first 4 weeks and then moved on to bottle feeding and pumping.   

Thankfully I was blessed with an over abundant supply and at my peak I was pumping twice as much as LO was eating in a day.  As a SAHM my freezer stash is insane.  I have way more than enough to get her well past her 1st birthday using only frozen BM.  

I really tried to cut out the pumping last month but I just wasn't mentally ready.  I did drop down to only pumping every 12 hours, but that's as much as I could do.  This month I took full advantage of AF's arrival which generally creates a dip in my supply anyways and started using Sudafed and cut my pumps down to once a day and now I haven't pumped in over 48 hours.

For someone who never really had strong feelings either way about BFing during my pregnancy, I can't believe how attached I was to the pump.  I am looking forward to my new found freedom!

I am so proud of myself for sticking to it for so long.  I never would have imagined that I would have pumped for as long as I did.

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: After almost 10 months the dairy barn is closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"