Babies on the Brain

Would you do this while pg? WWBOTBD?

I will preface this by saying my doc says it's fine if i'm ok with it.

I'm planning to go on a ride-along with DH in a week or so. My mom will be here with the baby. It's a graveyard shift and in a city where there have been drive-by's and other gang crime. I will not be armed but obv DH will. I can wear a vest and I have done them before and know how to operate the radio to call for help should something happen. 

I'm totally fine with it but I feel like maybe some people would think I was crazy or would never do something like this let alone while pregnant.  Wdyt?

Oh, and there's a reason i'm asking here and not on 1st tri where i'm sure they'd flip a lid over this. Haha

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would you do this while pg? WWBOTBD?

• I wouldn't bc I can't stay awake past midnight. lol.
    imageimage
  • just wear neutral colors.

ETA: not Yellow

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't see a problem with it.  I'd wear the vest though.

If you were further along, I'd probably say no.  But you're so early nobody can tell you're KU so I wouldn't cancel.

• I went to a 3rd world country in my first trimester...

With that disclosed, I say go for it!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Due 3.1.12
    Levi 7.26.09
    Wood you? Wood too!
  • imagegiaM28:

just wear neutral colors.

ETA: not Yellow

LMAO.

• My first feeling was no.  THinking about it for a second, I think that if you are OK with it, then I see no problem.  There are plenty of female officers on the road with pregnant.  You have a vest, which I assume is yours and was fitted for you. 

I would just make sure his department knows that you are pregant.  It might be considered a huge liability to have a pregnant civilain on a ride-along.

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageweelass24:

My first feeling was no.  THinking about it for a second, I think that if you are OK with it, then I see no problem.  There are plenty of female officers on the road with pregnant.  You have a vest, which I assume is yours and was fitted for you. 

I would just make sure his department knows that you are pregant.  It might be considered a huge liability to have a pregnant civilain on a ride-along.

They know. You have to do a bunch of paperwork beforehand. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you feel safe enough to do it, then I say go for it.
    Warning: Bring Your Own Tissues...
    imageimageimage Sushi Sister to Meg 'n' Eric
    "I love glitterfarts and pregnant unicorns." ~ Tim'sWifey
    "Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, a natural thing, and how dare you degrade it with your yuppie wanna be rapper and his rhymes." ~ Melaneigh
    "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards." Benjamin Franklin
  • imagefredalina:
    i wouldn't once i had a child just because of the risk of losing both parents.  Being pregnant wouldn't factor into it.  i'm sure nothing will happen that will endanger the baby (it's not like you'll be doing footchases or anything like that).

this

• I wouldn't do it pregnant or not, but that's just me.

IF it's something you have done, and enjoy, an also your doctor said it was ok I guess go for it?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I agree with Fred.  But it sounds like a very exciting thing.  You know, since I like to send my DH down the penis-shaped cul-de-sac and throw him into crime scenes. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's not something I would be likely to do pg or not.  It's just not that interesting to me.  That being said, if you're interested I don't see any reason not to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with Fred. I wouldn't just on the off chance that something might happen and my child would be parentless.

• Eh - I think its ok. I would enjoy something like that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • at my job we have "spouse flights" i would never have the h and i on one together just in case, and we never fly on the same day. (we both have AF flying jobs)

so yeah, being together in a police cruiser would be a no from me. i plan for the worst, but hope for the best

• I would do it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Uh, no way..

But then again, I am the biggest scardy cat ever.

Except for the time I saw the man in my driveway...

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm kinda late answering this so sorry to bump it to the top but ride alongs were something that me and my husband actually discussed when he was on the force.  We both agreed that if I wanted to do a ride along, I would go with someone that he trusted but it would not be with him.  He said that if something did happen, he would be afraid that he would be more concerned with protecting me as opposed to handling the situation properly, putting both of us at risk.  He said that he would be thinking with his heart and not his head and that could ultimately put us in more danger. And because you are pregnant could put more emotion in the mix.  I think doing a ride along is fine but does your husband have someone he trusts you could ride along with?
    Humphrey - the TTCAL mascotimage
    "I'm not telling you it's gonna be easy. I'm telling you it's gonna be worth it." -Art Williams
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"