Parenting after a Loss
Options

I am soooo angry (t&p please!)

I saw a really bad car accident on the news last night and was too out of it to catch the details.  It was my grad school friend/mentee and her son.  A driver on pcp flipped his car and hit hers while she was at a stoplight.  Her son died.  I am beyond heartbroken.  She got pg at 16, dropped out of school, got her GED, was admitted into Wash U (a pretty prestigious school), went on get her MA  and did Teach for America so she could help lower income kids get through school and not drop-out.  And she raised her son by herself. He was only 12.  She helped me through so much of my first pg and this just kills me.  She was in a coma but came out of it and is expected to recover.

What really gets me is the other driver had 16 convictions resulting in the loss or suspension of his license and 3 violations in the last 6 months including DUI.  They charged him with 2nd degree murder but it disgusts me that it had to come to this.

Re: I am soooo angry (t&p please!)

• Options

Wow.  I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend's son and her injuries.  T&P!

DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That is absolutely horrible! I'm so sorry to hear this! Lots of T&P!
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is beyond heartbreaking. I cant imagine. She sounds like an outstanding woman, my heart aches for her. The killer deserves the death penalty...what an awful man.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is so horrible. I am so sorry for her and her family.
  • Options

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry.  ((HUGS))!!!!!!  

• Options
    Stories like this make me so angry - sorry for your loss!  How are you doing by the way? I've been thinking about you but just haven't been able to come up for air  and post !! ;)
  • Options
    That is so sad, that driver is a POS. My heart goes out to your friend and her family.
  • Options
    What a tragedy.  So heartbreaking!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, that is horrible. I hate that our judicial system is so lax about people like this- it always takes the death of someone innocent to finally lock them away for good, but it could be prevented. :( Prayers to your friend as she recovers and deals with the loss of her son.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. I've heard more and more stories in the news lately about people driving with multiple DUI convictions...something has to change.
    Missed m/c at 11w 7/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your friend! T&P's are sent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"