Cincinnati Babies

?s about weekly check in

A few questions as I get this organized.

1.  Are there questions you would like to see be asked for QOTW?

2.  What about POTW?  Do we want to continue this?  If so, what themes would you like to see? 

3.  What day would you like this posted on.  Please know that whatever day it is, it will most likely be posted in the late afternoon or evening depending on my schedule. 

[Poll]

Re: ?s about weekly check in

• Come on peeps...I see 46 hits, and  NO ONE has any ideas for questions?  Coming up with great questions and POTW topics is the second hardest part of doing the check ins.  Keeping it updated and on time is the hardest part.  Let's all chime in and help a Bumpie out here!  Thanks again for taking this on Kathy.

My thoughts: I am really reaching here...LONG alert

QOTW:  

What is your favorite food?  Your DH's?  What is DC's favorite foods?  (To see if it correlates).  

What is your DC's favorite activity?  What is your favorite activity to do with DC?  Why?

What quality of either you or your DH (or both) do you hope your DC gets?  Why?

What things do you hope your DC sees or does in their lifetime?

What one thing from your childhood memories is most dear to you?  What thing do you hope your DC will see as a fond memory?

What hobby or skill do you or your DH have that you hope your DC will take up?

What is your most precious moment with DC to date?

What is your parenting style?  Is it similar to that of your parents?  Elaborate.

What will you NEVER do with DC?  This can be anything.  Tell us your NEVERS!  No one can say..."I never say never."  We all use that line.

Ok, your DC is now 18 years old.  Tell us what he or she is like.  DREAM.  What do you hope for them at this point in their life?

(Can you tell I do this for another board too?  Never take on two of these.)

POTW:  I love it, but photography is my hobby. 

Spring babies

Outside babies

Baby Bumps

sports babies

vacationing babies

patriotic babies

Outtakes or photo fails (always funny)

Funny faces

sleeping

favorite toy

lovey

family

grandparents

I really hope this helps you, and I hope others will chime in with tons of ideas too.  I know how hard this gets.  THANK YOU!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Honestly, I don't really care about the QOTW (feeling bad since people put so much thought into coming up with them) unless it relates to something going on at the time i.e. what's in your Easter basket? Opening Day is upon us, are you a baseball fan or a baseball widow? Otherwise they seem sort of forced or contrived to me. I don't think I am phrasing this properly. I guess what I am trying to say is I don't think there HAS to be a QOTW every week, only if one occurs to you that might be timely or funny or thought-provoking, you know? I don't think we need to have one just to have one.

Does that make sense?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DOH....well, I kind of like the QOTW.  Otherwise it would be just a big AW post.  Guess I was way overzealous with suggestions.  Hehehe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagehav2run:
    DOH....well, I kind of like the QOTW.  Otherwise it would be just a big AW post.  Guess I was way overzealous with suggestions.  Hehehe.

Ha! No, I don't think you're overzealous. I'm just offering a different opinion but I might be in the minority.  My standard mode of operating is that if I was interested in the QOTW, I answered it. If not, I didn't answer it and just updated.

It would be nice to have more people responding to this thread so Kel can know what the preference of the board members is!  Or maybe people need to suggest a QOTW periodically to take the pressure off one person always coming up with them.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I also like the idea of Weekly Updates rather than questions of the week.  I also like when people add pictures with their posts!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Here's what I'm thinking about... 

What if we either did a QOTW or a POTW?  And if we do a POTW, tell the story behind the picture.  At least for me, the reason I like a certain picture is because there's a cute story behind it.  And if the occasion calls for it, we can ask both?  WDYT?  I want to make the check in about celebrating the fabulous ladies & their LOs on this board and not what I think will work. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"