Infertility
Options

another dumb ? - priming gonal f pen

i prime it with a needle on right?

do i then switch to another needle for my dose or can i use same one?

sorry, i'm just a little anxious :(

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II

Re: another dumb ? - priming gonal f pen

• Options
    Obviously I have no answers for you, but I wanted to say Good Luck!!!! I am sure everything will be fine. So excited you are starting stims!!! When will your first follie check be?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I just primed mine two minutes ago.   You can use the same needle for priming and your first dose and then remove!  I read the directions I've saved as I was going through it all! 

good luck!!

TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You can prime and use the same needle. No need to change them.

Good Luck!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesweetcaroline10:

You can prime and use the same needle. No need to change them.

Good Luck!!!! 

This.

PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    What everyone else said! You want the needle on when priming because a few drops of the meds comes out when priming. Good luck!!!!!!!!
    Crohn's resulting in colectomy with J-Pouch surgery in 2000/2001.
    TTC since August 2008
    IVF#1: BFFN; IVF#2: BFN; FET with new RE: BFN
    IVF#3: ER 1/15; ET 1/20; Beta#1 1/29: 339!
    Twins girls born via c/s at 37w/3d!!
    "Let it go, this too shall pass."
  • Options
    Worms, just an FYI, my nurse told me not to bother with priming.  She said it just wastes a bit of the liquid gold Stick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"