3rd Trimester
Options

MIL vent

So my mother in law wants to take a trip to Florida the week of my due date.  We've already told her that she should just go if its that important to her.  After all she is retired so I don't know why she couldn't just go any time.  But anyway, she has a new boyfriend and is very selfish lately.  Its so annoying.  But this is what really gets me......now she emails and talks to my husband to try to find out if I'm going to have the baby on my due date.  How the hell are we supposed to know if the baby is going to be born on the due date!?  She's had 4 kids she should know better than to ask that.  But I think its all because she's still trying to plan a trip to Florida.  I'm so annoyed!  I wish she would just take her trip and leave us alone!

Re: MIL vent

• Options
    *sigh* I'd just have him say yes, then at least she'll book her trip & be done with it!
  • Options

Tell her your baby will be born anytime from 2 weeks before your due date to 2 weeks after your due date.  She sounds pretty selfish.  Some people never really get empathy no matter how many kids they have unfortunately.  Think of her as a sick person, brain cancer.  There are obviously some connections missing in her brain.  Then it won't make you quite so mad.

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH's side of the family is totally like this: Both his sister and his dad/stepmom have trips planned, and they're all informing me of when I'm "allowed" to have the baby. I've gotten to the point where I flat out tell them "She's coming when she's coming, regardless of whether or not you're here. If you miss it, you miss it." I'm not going to let them ruin it for me. If they don't want to be here for it, then they don't have to; but at least I have a clear indication now of how involved they plan on being.
    Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wonder if your MIL would be willing to pack my MIL in her suitcase.  I would love it if my MIL was out of the state when LO is born that way i dont have to worry about her busting into the delivery room which I know she is going to try to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"