North Carolina Babies

NBR: Where are you shopping these days?

Its getting nice outside and we had to do some stuff to our closet last night so I went ahead and took out all my heavy stuff and put in some spring stuff. Some didnt fit last year and I shouldnt have kept it to begin with but I did and now I just made a GW pile.

Other than that Im just bored with what Im wearing these days....and honeslty I bored with where I shop which is your standard ON, Gap (gag me the last time I was in there), Target, Kohls (rarely). But I need new ideas or just something diff.

So share with me.....if youve been out actually shopping for "you" lately where was it and what have you seen that was cute....oh and that wont break the bank since we are kind of house poor right now with everything we have been putting into it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Where are you shopping these days?

• I have no idea.  I need some new clothes BAD, but just haven't had the time or money.  I did go to Kohl's yesterday and picked up a few things, but nothing special.  I browsed the mall the other day and nothing caught my eye.  Everything was either too old or too young.  Too bad another trip to CM isn't a possibility ;)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't been shopping recently, but I usually have good luck at TJ Maxx or Marshall's.  I also love hitting up the Banana Republic Outlet.  I generally find cute things at department stores too - usually at Macy's or Dillard's.  I also love Ann Taylor and ATL, but I can usually get more for my money at a dept store or at the outlet mall.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been shopping lately - too busy with moving and house stuff. But, I've got to make time soon because I have nothing to wear in this warm weather. I was 8 months pregnant last year at this time so I didn't buy any spring/summer stuff and most of my stuff from the previous year either doesn't fit or is worn out. I usually shop at the places you mentioned, but my favorite is Ann Taylor Loft. Very cute, classic clothes and not too expensive. Also, If you get on their mailing list, they usually send out coupons pretty regularly.
  • I was going to suggest TJ Maxx and Marshalls too. I just got a few cute things at Kohl's last week though. I love the designers' lines they offer now. But every time I am there I end up in the baby section for DS too. lol
  • imagemrsmikey:
    Too bad another trip to CM isn't a possibility ;)

Im so close to doing this though! I would just drop AT at DC and head there for the day but being really thrifty, not like last time Tongue Tied.

Ive also threatend to raid Katies closet......that is still TBD.

• When not pregnant, I'm a devotee of Ann Taylor Loft. The best thing to do is get on their mailing list so you get coupons. I get them fairly often so I rarely pay full price for anything.

Also, if you like their clothes, their credit card is a good deal. (It's the only store card I have.) You get points for purchases and that leads to gift certs to use in their stores. Also, you often get additional money off when they send coupons. The way I see it, if I'm going to shop there, I might as well get some reward from it!

• I've gotten stuff at Kohls recently because I had a gift card from Christmas and my sister/mom have had 30% off coupons using their Kohls charge card.  And then on top of it they have Kohls cash a lot of times.  If you can hit it with a time like that, you can get some really good deals.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• The only new clothes I have gotten recently are maternity :) But I did buy several new spring/summer things last year and they were all from Ann Taylor Loft, I love that store! I am on their email list, but I am not sure if that is the same thing as the mailing list uncjules is referring to, I don't seem to get as many coupons/good deals as she does ;-)
  • imagelah1177:
    The only new clothes I have gotten recently are maternity :) But I did buy several new spring/summer things last year and they were all from Ann Taylor Loft, I love that store! I am on their email list, but I am not sure if that is the same thing as the mailing list uncjules is referring to, I don't seem to get as many coupons/good deals as she does ;-)

I probably only get them because I shop there too much!  Stick out tongue   Seriously 90%+ of my wardrobe is from there!

• imageuncjules:

imagelah1177:
    The only new clothes I have gotten recently are maternity :) But I did buy several new spring/summer things last year and they were all from Ann Taylor Loft, I love that store! I am on their email list, but I am not sure if that is the same thing as the mailing list uncjules is referring to, I don't seem to get as many coupons/good deals as she does ;-)

I probably only get them because I shop there too much!  Stick out tongue   Seriously 90%+ of my wardrobe is from there!

Ahh, that explains it ;-) After I have this baby (and lose the baby weight!) I may need to get their credit card, it sounds like they send a lot of coupons that way. Thanks for letting us know about it :)

• Charlotte Russe!  I had never been in that store before, but they had some trendy-but-not-too-trendy items there, and the prices are pretty nice!!
  • I don't know if anyone has mentioned Target, but I've gone in there recently and loved their stuff.  I always love ATL and AT and I'm planning to visit Steinmart in the next week since I have a GC.  It's a little pricey, but their clothes are unique and normally very classic.
  • ATL, Target, TJ Maxx, and NY&Co.  NY&Co is kinda hit or miss, but I saw some cute things in there the other day.  I also peek into Francesca's Collections occasionally to look for cute dresses.

Lands End has a new line called Canvas that is super cute!  I'm not sure if they are at Sears or only online.

I like this:

https://tinyurl.com/yc9ma7w

https://tinyurl.com/yhoqhg2

https://tinyurl.com/yh2aa7o

https://tinyurl.com/yjx73sd

• Marshall's, Ross, and TJ Maxx are my faves. I just bought 7 spring/summer dresses (casual) for around 70.00 at Ross this week. I am so excited for spring and I hope to get my first bump this spring to fill out these cotton dresses.

Also, Target has some really cute spring/summer stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"