Infertility
Options

"Too bad you don't have a child"

That's what my mother said to earlier today.  She was telling me about the contents of the Easter baskets she is preparing for her 3 grandchildren and said to me, "Too bad you don't have a child to make one up for."  My husband and I don't celebrate Easter, but I would have no issues with her giving them a basket filled with candy and toys.  Thanks, mom, just what I needed to hear,Crying  given that we're been TTC for over 2 years and it's now on indefinite hold due to DH's injuries.

Maybe she'd didn't mean it in a way that was hurtful, but I most definitely experienced it like pouring salt on an open cut..

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: "Too bad you don't have a child"

• Options

:(

I am so sorry for this insensitive comment.

• Options

Aw sweetie - maybe she meant it as she wished you had a baby so she could spoil yours too.

Sometime things are said in the wrong way - sorry it hurt you. It all just stinks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Thank you IVF for our little miracles!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry hon. Even if she didn't mean it to be, that was a pretty hurtful comment.

(((((hugehugs))))) 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    ((hugs)) I am sure she didn't mean it to hurt you but I can see how her comment was really painful.  I used to love holidays but now they are just a reminder of being childless.  If I have to see one more adorable Easter picture on Facebook- I may vomit.  Ick!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    OUCH!! That stings...  I'm sorry!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  I hope she realizes how hurtful that was and apologizes.  I'm so sorry you had to hear that (esp. from your mother).
    image 30 y/o with PCOS HSG normal, SA essentially normal (slightly low morph but good # and motility) 50 mg Clomid...zip; 100 mg Clomid...nada; 150 mg Clomid...zilch 1/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F, Ovidrel, and TI.....Beta 2/22...BFN 2/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F and Follistim (long story), Ovidrel..BFN 4/10 Injectable cycle (see above). BFP but early m/c 5w5d. 5/10 Break cycle due to BFC (Big Fat Cyst)...darn it all 6/10 Injectable cycle +IUI...BFN 7/10 Injectable cycle + IUI.....BFP!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ((hugs))
    Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Options
    Hugs....
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oohh Sweetie I am SOO terribly sorry, I can't imagine how that hurt *hugs*
  • Options
    (((hugs)))
    TTC with unexplained IF since 8/2007 6 losses, one beautiful perfect boy in our arms Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Oh wow, I am so sorry you had to listen to that. That is just rude on so many levels.
  • Options
    Sorry!  Sometimes I just wish people would think before they talk :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am sorry she said that to you. I really hope she just wasn't thinking. You just have been so much and I don't think you really need to be reminded of IF. Huge hugs.
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry. That's pretty hurtful, even if she didn't mean it to be.
  • Options
    Wow. SO insensitive.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"