Success after IF

Last post! Swearing...

Do you or your DH swear? Do you have to be careful in front of your LOs?

At what age did you begin to watch it?

Re: Last post! Swearing...

• I will admit that I have been known to use unbecoming language....

I have had to watch it since Nolan came out because I knew it would take a long time to break this nasty habit. I occasionally slip up, and he never seems to miss it. 

I have a cousin who's child (3 YO) can use the F word in the correct context. They laugh and think it is cute... nothing cute about it. 

• All the time.  I am worse than DH.  I think because I have to watch it so much at work.  I don't know what we will do when DD starts repeating everything she hears!  Maybe I should start being more careful now... :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We both swear. I probably swear more than my husband. I like to let the f bombs fly (klassy, eh?), but I can obviously be proper when I have to be. I'm not careful around Matt yet, but I think I'll be able to do it easily (except for in the car) because I never, ever swear in front of my grandparents or on my  job.
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Neither of us do. Bad words for us are fart and butt. We won't have a problem having to watch it in front of our LO but it will be sad to know that he will hear words and possibly repeat them from outside the home. We will just explain that we don't use those words.

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Yeah, DH and I both have potty mouths.  We're already trying to work on improving it around Stella.  Well, around all kids in general.  I'm way better at editing myself than Ben.  He always forgets and drops f bombs in front on the little kidlets. 
  • We both swear constantly. Doesn't really concern me swearing in front of kids. IMO, there are a lot worse things out there to expose them to than a couple four letter words. As long as they understand not to use them in everyday conversation that's all that matters to me. My parents swore like sailors (my mom uses the word f*ck probably in 1 out of 3 sentences) and it never had a detrimental effect on us - we knew when it was ok or not ok to use that language.

DH's parents, on the other hand, are downright puritanical about language. Nothing funnier to me than hearing DH say "heck", "darn" and "pain in the neck" to his mom, considering that when he drops something he often goes "g*ddamn, mothereffing, c*cksucking son of a whore..."...

I do try and watch my language in front of other people's kids though, because I understand not everyone feels the same as we do.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Heck yes I swear. I have two wild little kids.  lol!!

Just now Katen has started copying me so I have to watch it. She's been known to pick up a few of my choice words but if we don't make a big deal out of it, they drop out of her vocab in about a week.

• This AM my 29yo, and 22yo sisters were over playing with the boys. Older sister finds a pair of safety fingernail scissors in what could have been Lincoln's reach... would he know/be able to grab for them.

Younger sister jokingly says "Linc, don't cut-a-biitch" 

To which Nolan clearly replies "Gink, don't cut-a-biitch" 

The mature, mother in me had to leave the room so he would not see my tears of laughter. I chose to ignore this in the hopes that it was an isolated word for him... no repeating it yet, but to hear those words come out of my sweet angel's mouth....

• heck yeah... I'm still human and myself.

We do joke that that swear words are $1 in C's piggy bank and F bombs are $2. I owe a LOT of money!

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I try not to swear (do, but try not to) but Dh and the in laws have a case of severe potty mouth.  Karly can say "damn" but we just say "down, you want down?"  She looks at us confused and says 'damn'.  I don't think it's cute but what can you do about it now, ya know?
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"