Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Pathology Results

It's been just over 2 weeks since my D&C, and I finally just got all of the results from my lab work. They were all negative which is great news that there doesn't appear to be anything specifically wrong with me. But it's also frustrating to not have any answers as to why I got so unlucky twice in a row. This makes me a little more hopeful that maybe the third time with be the charm, but I'm still terrified that it will happen again. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's so hard right now. How do you overcome that fear and think positive?

Re: Pathology Results

• I have only had one miscarriage but I am just trying to look towards the future. I'm hoping if I can will it, it will happen. Good luck I hope that your third time is a charm.

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I know what you mean.  I had three m/c in a row all within 6 months (4 total m/c), and I thought there had to be something wrong with me.  I wanted there to be so that I would have some answers.  Well, sometimes there aren't any answers to give. 

The answer to your question is different for everyone.  For me, the fear does not go away.  After my first m/c, I stopped being positive.  I have been criticized by some people in my family, but they have never been through one m/c, let alone 4.  I tell myself hope, then I am that much more disappointed when it doesn't work out.  It is a terrible attitude, but it is a complete coping mechanism. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Good for you trying to stay positive!  I know it's hard, it's hard for me too.  I am afraid if I let the negatives get to me, than it will spread it's ugliness to other things as well.  The third time could be the charm Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"