Northern California Babies

When did you start "showing?"

12 weeks today and I definitely feel like I'm showing.  Which is fine, I've waited forever for this...I LOVE it!  But, I'm totally self conscious at work...hoping no one else is notices the bump, since we're not ready to announce.

Re: When did you start "showing?"

• Cant wait to see pics!
  • Big Smile I'm so excited for you!

looking back at my blog it was around 12/13 weeks. a little baby bump.

• Loading the player...
  • I showed really early, like 10-11 weeks.  But I have a short torso and tend to carry any extra weight in my belly area anyway, so I think that's a little unusual.
  • It's different for everyone. I know I started showing pretty early on. I told work at 11 weeks and one of my employees said "I was going to say something, I noticed you were gaining weight" um, gee, thanks.

I did try to hide my belly, and ended up hurting my neck from hunching over to make it (along with the boobs) seem less noticable.

Have you started taking photos yet?

• woohoo!

I felt like I was showing around 17 weeks but no one could tell until I was 20 weeks...at 18 weeks a friend (male, didn't know I was pg) asked another friend (also male, who knew I was pg) "Is everything OK with Kendall? She seems to be gaining some weight, she always seemed super fit before..." and the other apparently said "Dude, she is pg." "OHHHHH, that explains that"  Of course then they had to relay the story back to me....from which I laughed.

So people noticed around 17-18 weeks but they just though I was getting chubby, didn't realize I was pg.  You can check my FB to see all my tummy photos under "MM/Baby Goat" album 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 22-24 weeks ... i've got a LONG torso, so dd had plenty of room to grow up, before i grew out !

it came in handy, i went to a job interview when i was 21 wks pg and they had no idea i was pg !

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Aw. This put a big smile on my face. Big Smile

I think around 13 wks is when I started to show. I got my first "are you..." around 14 wks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • To me and DH I started showing around 12-13 wks.  My mom didn't really notice or think it was really obvious until last week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YAY!!!!  I didn't announce to work until 14 weeks - no one noticed my ill-fitting close and baggy shirts - but I did!!  After I announced I remember trying to find belly flattering clothes cause I wanted people to realize it was preggo belly not just... umm...  I specifcailly remember comparing clothes at around 20 - I totally still could have "hid" it for a while.   https://abandbabyc.blogspot.com/2008/10/updates-fashion-show.html

• I don't know when I really started showing per se.  I noticed that my stomach was a little rounder by end of 1st tri, but I didn't wear maternity clothes until 15-18 weeks with both pg.  So guess I really didn't start really showing until then.
  • And hooray for 12 weeks!!!
  • I started to show around 12 weeks, I remember buying a maternity shirt for New Years.  I wasn't huge, but so much more comfy.  I can't wait to see pics.  I'm so happy for you.  I don't personally know you, but I have followed your journey and everytime you post something about being pregnant it makes me smile.  You and your DH have been thru alot.  Enjoy!!!
  • Thanks ladies!  These are exciting times in the SJ household! And thanks to my mother's genes I carry all my extra weight in the tummy area, so I'm sure that's contributing to the bump as well. :)

I started taking pics at 6 weeks...maybe I'll do a comparison tomorrow during Tummy Thursday.

• With S, early - I'm sure some of it had to do with the fact I was injecting hormones into my ass, but I was bloated and the bloat never went away, just turned into bump. I told work at 14 weeks last time and it was quite obvious, and I'd been in maternity clothes since 11 weeks...but I had been hunching over and running by people for weeks so they didn't notice. A couple people did say they thought I was looking "bigger" but hadn't said anything.

This time, I showed later which was odd. I was bloated to high heaven and couldn't wear any of my clothes, but by around 9-10 weeks it went down enough that I could (uncomfortably) wear my clothes. I don't think I started really showing until closer to 15/16 weeks this time. Now it's obvious enough that people ask when I'm due. But I have a short torso and carry like I'm carrying a basketball so it's more clear than my poor co-worker who wants so badly to show (she's about a week ahead of me).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So exciting!!!!

With P, I was in maternity clothes at around 10 weeks (so much more comfortable!) and would say I had a baby bump around 14 weeks.

With R, it was pretty much right away.

• I was bloated right away and had trouble buttoning anything by about 11 weeks.  Which made dressing for Xmas (at 12 weeks) interesting.  At 13 weeks Libs said it was obvious but I think she was just trying to make me feel better about being fat. ;)

I had to switch to all maternity pants at about 15 weeks I think.  The belly band just could not contain it anymore.  LOL.  And I carry any extra weight in my belly so I've been know to look pg when I'm not.

• Yay!! I can't wait to see your cute baby bump!

Here was me at 12 weeks... yeah, I showed early.

https://norcalsuperwife.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-belly-pics.html

- Rene
  • I'm 14 weeks today and *think* I'm showing a decent amount. DH commented on the little belly last week. I'm shorter-waisted and I wasn't teeny tiny to begin with, so I feel that I've had a belly since about 8 weeks. But realistically it was major bloat. I'd say the last week or two has been more belly, less bloat.

• I was in full on maternity clothes at 11 weeks. AND called out at work by the nurses. Oh well. 
  • 12 weeks already!! omg Char...can't wait to see the pics of your baby bump.

And I just realized your due date is my birthday...so double yay!!!!

• I have no freakin' clue about showing, but OMG, do I want to see pictures of your bump!!!!!! AAAAAAAAck!
    imageimage
  • At almost 20 weeks I popped.  I didn't even try to conceal and no one at school realized until 20 weeks!
  • oooh - yay!  I was definitely bloated at 12 weeks and felt very self-conscious!
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I started showing around 11-12 weeks. Random people in public started to comment around week 14 - which I thought was really early. Then again... I looked HUGE by the time I delivered (23w 5d). Someone in a grocery store stopped me as I walked by while holding up my stomach... she wanted to know if I was in labor and if I needed any help. lol... you should have seen her face when I told her I had like 21 more weeks to go. :) It was priceless....
  • I'm not even PG and I look about 4-6 months preggers...so no advice, but yay yay yay yay!!!! I can't wait to see you on Friday!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"