Preemies
Options

My 28week micro-Preemies are 2 today!!

I wake up every day still in shock from the moment they told me I was having twins.  And today I wake up in shock because now I have two 2 year old boys!  They're not really babies anymore, they are full on running, screaming, talking toddlers.  And I'm loving every minute of it, including the temper tantrums that have already started.

For those of you who don't know, my boys were born at 28wks 6days due to sever IUGR, especially in Evan (baby B).  Cameron was 2lbs 15oz and Evan was 1lb 7oz.  After 68 days in the NICU with Cameron coming home on oxygen and Evan coming home weighing only 3lbs 8oz and months of thinking they will never be able to hold a rattle, hold their head up... Hell, my boys couldn't even roll over at the age of 15months old, let alone sit up and pull to a stand and start walking!  Today they are 27lbs and 25lbs respectively and with the exception of some language delay and feeding tubes and oral aversions, they are doing fabulous.  And those delays and aversions are things that I know in my heart will be completely overcome one day when they are ready.

So to all the families out there who feel like things are not going to get better, that you can only get through the next hour, you're staring down the barrel of blood transfusions, PDA's, taking kids home on oxygen, kids who won't eat, babies who are struggling to maintain weight and body temperature, that they are just too tiny to come home yet; if you are having trouble seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and can't look beyond that; if you're feeling like your LO's will never catch up, that they'll never get there....  I'm hear to tell you with proud tears in my eyes that I once thought and felt exactly how you feel and I know without a doubt that your beautiful babies will get there, they will catch up, that things will get better and that you will be posting the exact same post that I am posting today.  It does get better.  Better than you can possibly imagine right now.  So stay strong, take a deep breath, live for the moment and follow your mother's intuition.

My love to you all.  Happy Birthday to my babies, Cameron and Evan!

Re: My 28week micro-Preemies are 2 today!!

• Options
    Thanks....I needed that today!  Happy birthday boys!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Cameron and Evan!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy birthday!!!
  • Options

::crying::

Happy birthday!

• Options
    mcdevmcdev member
    I think all of us who have been on this board for the past couple of years have special spots in their hearts for your two little cuties.  Happy Birthday boys!!
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • Options
    Thank you for this. My baby boy was born nearly 3 weeks ago at exactly 32 weeks. Before they decided he could not wait any longer they explained to me how sick both he and I were ( He was anemic, had Hydrops and Mirror syndrome/ I was on the verge of having HELLP syndrome). He has come leaps and bounds compaired to where they expected him. I can't wait for the day he comes home but at the same time am terrified that something else will come up once he gets here. Your post gives me hope that everything will be fine and in two years my little guy will be just as happy and healthy as your two boys are.
  • Options
    What a wonderful post!  Praise God for your thriving and wonderful baby boys...ahem...BIG BOYS!!!!  Happy Birthday Evan and Cameron!!!!!!  What a wonderful inspiration you are.  Celebrate this day...and the many wonderful days to come!  Thanks for sharing...and for the encouragment!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday to your boys!  I want to say thank you for sharing this today.  My boys are 30w4d triplets and i am having a hard time with the whole NICU such.  This gives me great hope.  Thank you!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    What a great milestone to share!!  Congratulations!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Such a lovely post, happy birthday to your boys!
  • Options

Thank you for this.

Happy Birthday Cameron and Evan!!!

• Options
    I literally have tears rolling down my cheeks.   I am so proud of you, Drew, Cameron and Evan!   Rockin two year olds... oh man! 
  • Options

happy birthday boys!

your post made me cry.  *tear*

• Options

seriously - so happy for you!  you should be so proud of yourself (i KNOW you are proud of those beautiful boys).  but what you have done is incredible.  the level of patience and compassion you've had deserves ..... well, i don't know what - i know you're just being the mommy.  still, congratulations! 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Happy 2nd Birthday Cameron and Evan!

• Options
    Thanks for that.  I sometimes feel that way about Ava.  She still needs help with rolling and sitting up on her arms.  Your post gives me hope.  Happy birthday to your 2 boys.
  • Options
    Happy birthday boys!!!
  • Options

aw, man! I missed this post!

Happy belated birthday, C&E. And congratulations, warrior momma. You have fought like hell for those amazing, gorgeous, brilliant and strong little boys and look at them! You deserve a superhero cape!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"