3rd Trimester
Options

germaphobe

i was always afraid of becoming preggo with a boy bc ive never really been around lil boys. my son will be the 5th boy/man on my side of the family in 45 yrs. but now i feel so close to my lil man and i know im gonna be one of those super overprotective and over nuturing mothers. since being pregnant i think ive become way more germaphobic. and for some reason its all geared towards DH. poor guy. sometimes im so mean to him. he works at a refinery and when he comes home i wont let him go into the bedroom to change out of his clothes before he takes a shower. he has to change in the bathroom. and his clothes arent allowed in the room. they are in a separate bag in the hallway. LO doesnt have his own room so his lil nursery area is in our room and hes not allowed anywhere near it unless hes taken a shower. and even if he does take a shower i still wont let him sit in my rocking chair. he may have left-over germs...Embarrassed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: germaphobe

• Options
    Good luck >.< Babies stick EVERYTHING in their mouth..A friend of mine freaked when she let her LO (She was about 10 months) play with a dress she got her and later saw she ate half the price tag.. Cant save em from all germs :)
  • Options
    I TOTALLY understand what you are saying.  I developed OCD fear of contamination to my newborn when my first baby was born.  I was SO protective and got really really stressed out/anxiety about it.  I went to therapy and finally felt like I was OCD free!  But, lo and behold I am getting all paranoid again with the ending of this pregnancy.  I think its hormonally related.  I don't know if you are that severe as I was, but I totally understand what you are saying about your DH.  Just remember (and something for me to remember) is that we and our babies WILL survive.  Our babies are going to be just fine in this world of "germs". 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    omg thats scary. i think im just obsessing right now. DH hates that i always say "get away from MY babys stuff". i just got use to saying MY baby for some reason
  • Options
    I try really hard not to be that way. I know that if I DONT let LO get exposure to germs when he is little then he will end up being sick all the time because he wont have built up the immunity to anything.
  • Options

You'll be a germaphobe for the first few months.  Then your baby will start licking the dogs, carpet, your face...basically everything.  I still sanitize the cart and my hands while we're out and try not to let him touch anything, but I now go by the motto "a little dirt won't hurt."

:)

Oh and I'd be worried if my husband was a nurse, Dr, etc and was around sick people (regarding showering), but I doubt there are many "sick" germs at a refinery.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My DH had to change clothes in the garage where the washer/dryer are. He works at a restaurant and smells something awful when he gets home.
  • Options

imageAllieJean:
    I try really hard not to be that way. I know that if I DONT let LO get exposure to germs when he is little then he will end up being sick all the time because he wont have built up the immunity to anything.

this... i'm not saying send your baby to a third world country but you want your baby to be exposed to common germs to build immunity.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"