Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Help me be creative with pasta

DS loves pasta. He has such an issue with texture (talking to pedi about it at his check up next week) that I feel like lunch and dinner is always some sort of pasta. He rarely gets mac and cheese, though he likes it, because of his severe constipation issues. His constipation is so bad that anything with cheese is basically out. And he will not eat any type of meat, unless its jarred baby food.

Any delicious pasta recipes? Help me mix it up for my pasta-loving son. Spaghetti with red sauce cannot be lunch and dinner every day/night. He eats the 3-1 yogurt meals, so he's getting more fruits and veggies, and I put purees in the spaghetti sauce so he's getting extra veggies. 

Ugh, mealtime is SO frustrating! Tonight he didn't eat anything but a cracker and a few green beans. Though, his DCP said he ate a big breakfast and lunch (which is typical for him at daycare), so he'd probably just pick at dinner. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help me be creative with pasta

• Options
    What about just simple chicken alfredo? Instead of the sauce out of a jar, you can just take heavy (or light) cream, onions, a little garlic then add roast checken and pasta. Also, you can do stuffed shells with ricotta (unless that affects his constipation as well...). Someone once recommended just using a veggie puree (squash, zuccini, sweet potato, etc.) as a sauce for pasta with butter. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How about pasta salad? Just boil some pasta, cut up some cherry tomato, green pepper, and cheddar cheese(into cubes) put all together, add a bottle of italian dressing and done. Or what about those lipton sides, they have a chicken one that dd loves, and its noodles,so maybe your DS will like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Buy a jar of pesto (or you can buy packets to make or make your own fresh) and mix to taste with pasta and a little olive oil. DD loooooves this. 

DD also loves this

https://annies-eats.com/2009/02/27/sausage-and-spinach-stuffed-shells/

and this (both freeze well). 

https://annies-eats.com/2009/01/30/pasta-e-fagioli/ 

Oh, and this was also a hit.

https://www.blue-kitchen.com/2007/10/17/dangerously-good-linguine-non-carbonara/ 

• Options
    What about pesto or brown butter?  Does he eat raviolis?  you can get butternut squash, chicken, mushroom, anything.  You could even make your own with won-ton wrappers.
  • Options
    ds loves pasta, peas, cubed ham, and butter.  simple and yummy.  what about spaghetti?  I make homemade sauce and then freeze small containers to pull when I need it.  ravioli is good too with butternut squash.
  • Options
    Can he have milk based sauces?  If so, then you can try making a white sauce (bechamel) and then adding whatever you want to it... pureed veggies, meat, whatever you think would taste okay... uh I actually haven't tried this, but in my head I think it would work well .  I have also seen butternut squash sauce recipes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    you can make a creamy sauce without milk or cheese by cooking canned white beans (or garbanzo) in some chicken broth (can also add sauteed onions) and then pureeing it.  It makes a yummy creamy sauce that has the same consistency as cheese sauce - AND it's full of fiber from the beans (good for constipation!)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"