Parenting

What double stroller do you have and love?

I never got a double stroller b/c DS usually walks or I have someone with me to either push him in an umbrella stroller or carry him, but since we plan on one more now I think I'm going to go ahead and get one.

What double stroller do you recommend?

DS and DD are 2 yrs and 7 mos apart, if that makes a difference.

Re: What double stroller do you have and love?

• I love my mountain buggy urban.  I am going to use it right now.
  • I have the side by side double jogger by InStep.  I bought it bc I got a great deal on it.  I only use it for walks around the neighborhood, and daytrips to the zoo.  Otherwise, DS walks and DD is in the single stroller
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't want to get a double stroller since DS is 3, but sometimes I do need the option to strap him down so we got the Joovy Caboose - DS can stand or sit in the back.  The baby's not here yet, so I haven't tried it out, but It went together very well and isn't all that heavy, and is much less bulky than a normal double stroller.  I've heard great reviews of it and DS is really excited to use it.  I got mine off eBay - new - for like half the price.
    Michelle, Happily married to R 2006,
    StepMom to P, Mama to R and E.
    SAHM and weekend NICU nurse
  • What will you mostly be using it for?  We had a Schwinn Free Wheeler double that I loved for walks, but the thing was monstrous.  I couldn't fit it in my trunk easily, it was heavy, and it didn't fold up very small.  I ended up selling it and getting a Baby Jogger City Micro ($240 on ebay, brand new!).  It folds up soooo tiny, is really pretty (I got the "ocean"), lightweight, decent storage...but it's not great on bumpy walks because the wheels are small, and the seats don't recline flat, though they do recline.  I love the city micro, and it's great for the mall, zoo, and any other even terrain.  It's not terrible on our walks over the bumpy sidewalks, but I have to be careful when I go over the bumps!
  • I had the Joovy Caboose...I didn't like it very much, so I got the Baby Jogger City Classic double.  It is the best stroller I have ever owned!  I can't say enough good things about it.  I use it for walks/jogs, the zoo, the mall.  It looks wide, but has fit through every door I have tried!  Smile
    Kelly Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we have a phil and ted sport with doubles seat.  it's great for where we are (nyc).  many people I ran into with them highly recommended it.  it's been great.  other's I test drove and loved were the baby jogger city classic, bumbleride indietwin (only 3rd place b/c it was a heavy and bulky fold).   a friend has a joovey and likes it fine, but she doesn't walk outdoors a lot (she's in another area of the country).  I don't think it would work here.  My dc are 19months apart , are now 2 1/2 and 4 , on the small side (28lb and 32lb) and still ride in it. have been doing so since ds was 9m/o.   I've jogged a 5k with my P&T... but I wouldn't recommend it for serious joggers.  I walk the dog with the kids in it and am able to push it one handed.  my kids fight over who gets to sit in the rear seat.  friend has a BOB duallie and can fit all three of her kids on it (two little ones buckled in, her four year old sits in front of them when he gets tired).  her only complaint was that it takes up her entire trunk and is heavy.  But it is a smooth ride and probably much better if you're a jogger.  
  • Phil and Ted Sport. Love it.
  • Baby Jogger City Elite

Rubber wheels, turns on a dime, one handed control, great storage compartments and 1 touch fold.  The canopy has a ton of coverage too...

It's big though!  We love it for the mall, walks, amusement parks, museums, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love my bumbleride indy twin!
    DS #1 5.5.07 DS #2 12.3.08 DD 5.21.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"