3rd Trimester
Options

throwing up and contractions - WWYD

So I have been having contractions all day... at times 3-5 min apart but not super intense, was sent home from L&D. I was still only at 2cm when I left L&D.

Well now I just got sick, which I think I heard can happen.... my question is, should I call the on call doc and see if she wants me back in or should I just wait it out and see what happens???

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: throwing up and contractions - WWYD

• Options
    I would probably wait a little while until your contractions become regular.  If you are worried though, it never hurts to call. 
  • Options
    I'd wait it out, but that's just me.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would also wait it out.  
  • Options
    I would call if you keep throwing up.  Vomiting is usually a sign of transition.  if you don't throw up again then wait it out, but if you start doing so more and more often then call.  Stay on your feet! do some squats, which will hurt like hell, but hold on to something and squat down and push when you have a contraction.  Let the gravity work for you =) Good Luck!
  • Options
    if you are in pain, then call or go back.  they can give you something.  if not then wait it out!

• Options
    I would go.  I had a similar situation when I was in labor with DS. I went home from the hospital in the middle of the night b/c I hadn't progressed from my appointment earlier in the day.  Then I waited and labored at home (and at times was vomiting).  I wanted an epidural, but by the time I got all checked in and the IV of fluids, it was too late.  I wish I had gone earlier because I did not plan on going natural!
  • Options
    I have also heard vomiting is a sign of labor progression, so I would call amd see what they say.
  • Options

Throwing up happens a lot in early and late labor but, it's not an inducation that you need to go back in.  When the contractions are regular and or they hurt a lot, then you should call or go in.  If you go in again and aren't dialated they will just send you home again.  They sent me home with DS too.  Take some benadryl and try to sleep a bit, have dh or your partner rub your back when you have a contraction.  They will wake you up if you're dozing.   

GL and Happy Pushing    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would call at the very least and let the Dr decide.  I was talking to a coworker today that had a baby 3 months ago and she had pre term labor twice with the baby (that they were able to stop), but with both times she was throwing up and that was the only symptom she had. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"