Baby Names

Persephonie

2»

Re: Persephonie

• I love the name Persephone, its on our list, not sure we will use.  I think Persephone Faye goes quite well together.

• My 12 year old niece is named Persephone.  They call her "Seph" for short.  I admit I thought it was strange at first, but you know what? It grows on you and now I can't imagine her with any other name! 
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageckmommy:
    imageserwin08:

imageWishLuckyStar:
    To be honest, I think it is awful. And the kindergarten teacher in me shudders imagining the poor girl having to learn to write that.

Agree.

Double agree.

Ditto!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSissyKate21:
    imageQuizzle:

I couldn't use it even though it's a cool name. The traditional spelling is much better. Persephone.

I would think pomegranate! pomegranate! every time I saw it. I also don't know I'd want to name my daughter after the queen of the underworld/bride of hades.

THIS!! The whole Hades thing turns me off of the name.

Hades has a bad name in our culture, probably thanks to the Disney version of Hercules! He wasn't a "bad" guy in Greek mythology, not a devil character; the underworld wasn't bad or good (not hell as opposed to heaven) necessarily, just where everyone went when they died.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWishLuckyStar:
    To be honest, I think it is awful. And the kindergarten teacher in me shudders imagining the poor girl having to learn to write that.

This! Sorry Sad

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"