1st Trimester

Sleeping on your left side

Anyone else having trouble getting used to sleeping on your left side? I used to sleep- well, really in multiple positions during the night. But, I'm really going to miss my belly!   Crying

Would getting a body pillow help out now- even though I'm not big & uncomfortable yet?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleeping on your left side

• My doc gave me until 20 weeks to have to sleep on my side; until 18 weeks I slept on my back. I slept on my belly until it became uncomfortable.

The snoogle pregnancy pillow worked wonders for me, especially a pillow between my knees.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• I was always a side sleeper doesnt phase me..You can sleep on your belly still though you dont have to start side sleeping till the other positions get uncomfortable for you..left side is just better blood flow but really I'd enjoy the other positions while I can if I were you ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • You don't have to. You naturally roll. If you wake up on your back or belly just roll. It doesn't even matter until you're a lot larger and the baby can put weight on your veins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAzrayla:
    I was always a side sleeper doesnt phase me..You can sleep on your belly still though you dont have to start side sleeping till the other positions get uncomfortable for you..left side is just better blood flow but really I'd enjoy the other positions while I can if I were you ;)

This! I wish I had an option. Every position hurts...

• imageCelticWife:

My doc gave me until 20 weeks to have to sleep on my side; until 18 weeks I slept on my back. I slept on my belly until it became uncomfortable.

The snoogle pregnancy pillow worked wonders for me, especially a pillow between my knees.

all this exactly. Once the 3rd tri hit, I spent a lot of time sleeping on the couch... which really helped sleep on my side because there isn't as much room otherwise. Don't force sleeping uncomfortable now -- you need the rest more than you need to be laying on your left side!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I sleep on my right side because I like to sleep facing the wall instead of DH. It was ok at first, but it's gotten so old. I HATE it. I'm a belly and back sleeper. I never slept on my side. I'm counting down until I can sleep on my back again. Only 10 weeks to go at least. And yes, a body pillow might help. It's helped me a bit, but it still sucks.
  • I bought a spa side sleeper pillow from Walmart for $13.  I've always been a back sleeper and only had back sleeper pillows which were contoured for my neck.  This pillow is amazing!!  Plus, my sister gave me her body pillow and it's awesome to hug and put between my knees!!  I've never slept better.  My husband isn't happy though... I take up most of the bed and we now sleep with separate blankets but at least I'm sleeping and that's what matters!
  • With my Boppy Pillow I sleep better on my left side.  I actually have more issues sleeping on my right side...weird I know! Anyway, I think body pillow is the answer.  Yes
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"