3rd Trimester
Options

Contractions..

Throughout the night lastnight I was feeling crampy like menstrual cramps but kept going back to sleep thinking nothing of it. This morning I woke up and had some spotting/blood after my first morning pee, called L&D in a panic and they said I'm having contractions and to make sure it's not too much blood and come in if contractions are every 5 minutes... skip to a few hours later I'm at my docs office, thank goodness I had an appointment this morning.. got checked and he said I'm 2cm dilated.. my last 2 internals I was closed shut.

Anyways he says baby can come at any time and he doesn't think I'll make it to 40 weeks.

I'm wondering because I've been having regular contractions since my crampiness from lastnight. This morning every 10 or so minutes then starting from this afternoon they seem to mostly be every 7 minutes. How long can this go on? Is baby on the way or can I have this many contractions for days?

Sorry if my post is jumbled lol..

Re: Contractions..

• Options
    I have been contracting regularly for weeks now.  Hope it means something for you and stays nothing for me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Well it sounds like you are in labor and since you had your bloody show this shouldn't go on for much longer. Since they are getting closer together and with any luck starting to intensify...I would venture a guess that you will meet your LO in the next 24 hours. How long are your contractions lasting...that is always a biggy too. If they are not lasting long then they aren't doing as much work as they should and it could be awhile, but if they are getting to 45-60 seconds apart then that is good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"