Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Temp/Ovulation Question

How high does you're temp get either before or after Ovulation?

I am just wondering because this is my first month actually temping everyday at the same time. :P So I'm not actually sure of when I ovulate yet, but my temperature seemed to be higher. =)

Not asking for you to evaluate my chart, lol. (especially since its my first month) Just curious as to what you're temp is at usually before or after you Ovulate.

Thanks for anything you have to share.

If you're wondering my temp from yesterday was 96.2 today it's 96.6. I'm on CD14 today as well, cycles are usually 25-28 days long. With a period about 7 days. (Don't know if you'd want to know that but I thought it wouldn't hurt.)

Re: Temp/Ovulation Question

• Options
    It is going to be totally different from person to person.  After charting for a while, you'll start to see what is normal for you.  I think post-O, mine gets up to about 98.4 or so.  I don't remember it getting much higher than that, but you can look back at some of my charts if you want.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Pre-O, mine tend to be in the low-mid 97s. Post-O, high 97s to high 98s.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It is different for everyone, and can be different in the same person for different cycles.

My pre O temps are below 97.5 most of the time. ?My post O temps are about 97.8 for a few days and then they get to be about 98 to 98.2 until AF shows.

I rarely have a temp lower than 97.1 or higher than 98.2

Edited?to change lower temp from 97.3 to 97.1?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Forgot to mention that yeah I'm sure it's different for everyone, but I was just curious basically. =)

Thanks though ladies.

• Options
    Before O, usually in mid 97's (sometimes as low as the upper 96's though).  After O, usually in the low 98's.
  • Options

Here's another question, isn't it before Fertility Friend says you're actually 'supposedly' ovulating you have to have like 3 temps the same? Or something of that nature, probably wrong about that. So correct me if I am. Stick out tongue

EDITED: I remembered what it is, I think it's 3 temperature rises. Not the same temperature 3 times. haha

• Options

You'll want to look through the FF walk through- it's very helpful.

The easy to remember way to determine ovulation is 3/6- 3 days of temps higher than the previous 6 day. FF is a bit more precise because it's checking against a large amount of data but yes- it takes several days of elevated temps to identify the thermal shift.

Unless you have a lot of experience with your own chart- you're not going to be able to guess ovulation date until after it's passed- and sometimes even if you do have experience it can be tricky and you can guess wrong.

Friends for 15 years. Married 8. TTC since January 2009
    2010 Diagnosis: Anovulation and Severe MFI
    2011 Treatment:
    IVF w/ICSI #1 Antagonist: 2 blasts - c/p - BFN 04.22
    FET #1: 1 blast/1 early blast - BFP 06.22 - m/c 06.30 @6w0d
    07-11 RPL: MTHFR C677T Heterozygous & Slightly elevated ACLA IgM
    FET #2: 1 morula - BFN: 9.02

January '12: IVF #2
    Started BCP and Metformin (New!) 12-14 for stimming in January

Dum spiro, spero.
    ?SAIF/PAIF/PgAL/PAL always welcome?
  • Options

@ ecleptic

I am also doing Opks to hopefully help figure out when I ovulate as well as the temperature charting. =)

Thank you for the tip though, appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"