Attachment Parenting
Options

Is my kid just a massive wetter? CD related

DS does fine in most CDs, but he can pee through a Thirsties Fab Fitted in about 1/2 hour. I made the mistake of putting one on him before a nap and he actually woke up an hour into the nap because he was so uncomfortable- it was completely soaked! 

Are these just worthless diapers? It seems crazy to me that they would make a diaper so nonabsorbent.  

DS May 12, 2009 DD September 7, 2011

Re: Is my kid just a massive wetter? CD related

• Options
    yeah, I find them pretty non-absorbent.  He peed through them when he was a newborn, I can't imagine what it would be like for a 10 month old!  You know what are even worse than thirsties fitteds? kissaluvs size 0s! they are truly awful!
  • Options
    I used cloth diapers for the first couple of months.  I had some hand-me-down Kissaluvs, and I gave up when my little one was soaking them through every hour or two in the afternoon.  It was interfering with naps for her, too.  I love the idea of cloth diapering, but it wasn't working for us. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageleah1615:
    yeah, I find them pretty non-absorbent.  He peed through them when he was a newborn, I can't imagine what it would be like for a 10 month old!  You know what are even worse than thirsties fitteds? kissaluvs size 0s! they are truly awful!

Ha!  I didn't see this post until after I posted.  Too funny.  Big Smile

• Options
    I prefer pocket diapers, and I needed to double up on the inserts when DD was getting close to one.  You may just need to add a double or such for nap time.  I really liked the hemp inserts for this--they are very absorbent.  I like the kind that were 4-layers, but sewn so that there were 2 double layers that could stretch out in the dryer (hemp is a bit slow to dry).  I think the ones I have are Joey-Bunz Premiums.
  • Options

imageBrainySmurfette:
    I prefer pocket diapers, and I needed to double up on the inserts when DD was getting close to one.  You may just need to add a double or such for nap time.  I really liked the hemp inserts for this--they are very absorbent.  I like the kind that were 4-layers, but sewn so that there were 2 double layers that could stretch out in the dryer (hemp is a bit slow to dry).  I think the ones I have are Joey-Bunz Premiums.

Oh, I do prefer pockets- especially fuzzibunz. They work pretty well with a doubler for night or long naps (and I'll have to try the hemp- I've heard good things). I just have the one fitted and keep using it for some reason. I really need to just sell it.  

• Options
    There are really awesome fitteds, and really crappy fitteds. Sounds like you have a really crappy one. I'm not using cloth right now (awful water in our current rental home and I can't get them clean), but I'm a huge cloth-lover. I have a huge stash of fitteds, and there are some great quality fitteds and there, and a good fitted is far more absorbent than a pocket or AIO. If you ever want to try them, ask on the EFF board. They're up to date on what the best ones are.
  • Options

I've heard those fitteds are awful. We have a mish mash of different ones b/c I enjoy spending $$ on things Ari will just poop on, but we use mostly fitteds & a few pockets/AIOs. Fitteds are bulletproof for us more so than any other type.

We use mostly Green Sprouts during the day because they're really trim. B4s & GMs are great too. I used to love GMs more than B4s but I've changed my mind recently lol. We use BSRBs for night mostly. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagewebMistress0609:

I've heard those fitteds are awful. We have a mish mash of different ones b/c I enjoy spending $$ on things Ari will just poop on, but we use mostly fitteds & a few pockets/AIOs. Fitteds are bulletproof for us more so than any other type.

We use mostly Green Sprouts during the day because they're really trim. B4s & GMs are great too. I used to love GMs more than B4s but I've changed my mind recently lol. We use BSRBs for night mostly. 

Thanks, I will have to try them! I was wondering why anyone would use fitteds since they suck, so it's good to know they're not all like that, lol. Did you see my response in your bday cake post? 

• Options
    I hadn't, but just went back to read it. Thanks for the rec!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagewebMistress0609:
    I hadn't, but just went back to read it. Thanks for the rec!

You're welcome! I hope it helps- my mom seems to really like it. She also says sorry about Ari- all those allergies are really hard.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"