Washington Babies
Options

Vent.

I would have put this in my blog, but Blogger is being stupid right now.  I just need to vent. 

Last night was a bad night.  I was having pooping issues and during the course of things, I started spotting.  It wasn't from the pooping issues, though.  It was from my bajinga.  There weren't any additional symptoms like cramping or anything.  Just bright red discharge. 

Of course, I start to worry.  To distract myself, I decided to start making dinner, hoping that the feeling would pass.  DH decides that's the perfect time to start going off about his job.  His last day at his old job is today and yesterday one of his bosses decided to go BSC on him for something that was entirely her fault.  (She signed paperwork without reviewing the documents then tried to blame DH for submitting the paperwork without her approval. Hello? You signed the damned things.  Twit.)

It took about 20 minutes of DH ranting before I could get a word in edgewise.  DH seemed concerned about me and apologized for taking over the conversation when I was obviously in a bad place. 

DH had plans to meet up with co-workers after dinner for a beer, so he left about 8:30 or so.  I was still in a pretty bad place, but I told him I didn't mind if he went because then I could get some sleep.  He said he would be back by 10.

He came home at 11:30.  I was up because, really, I just wanted a hug.  He decided to stay up for a while longer and read in bed.  I told him I just wanted a hug, but then our orange cat comes ambling up between us like he wants to lay down.  DH said, "I'd better make it quick.  The cat wants to cuddle."

I start bawling.  I wanted HIM to cuddle with me, not the stupid cat. After about 15 minutes he just rolled over and went to sleep. He never gave me a hug. 

Needless to say I got very little sleep last night.  I was crying, in pain from the pooping issues, and worried about the spotting.   I spend hours comforting him when he's having issues and he couldn't spare me a 10 second hug. 

I really don't like this part of pregnancy.  I really really don't.  Can't we just skip it all and end up with a puppies and rainbows existance with two healthy happy little roly-poly babies?

I can't wait for my vacation.  I really need it right now. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

Re: Vent.

• Options
    One more thing - I did call the hospital about the spotting.  The nurse said not to worry unless it becomes straight bleeding or there's cramping involved.  That doesn't really stop you from worrying, though. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    I'm sorry CG...the spotting, the lack of a hug or support while crying sucks. I agree - it doesn't stop us from worrying, and pretty much I can't remember not worrying since I got a BFP almost two years ago. Does your guy know that hormones are crazy right now and when you say you need a hug, he needs to handle it stat?
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!  I remember the spotting and the fears and how I felt like H didn't really get it.  (((HUGS)))
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    HUGS J! It sucks when husbands just dont understand how hard being pg is, even when you just need a hug. I hope he comes around soon. Have you tried any natural remedies for the pooping, like eating/ drinking things that are natural laxatives? Apple/ prune juice, chocolate, fiber cereal? I hope you start feeling better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I so sorry!!  :(  Why can't husbands just understand that a hug does wonders!?!  I hope today goes better for you!!  HUGS!!
  • Options

Sending you some big ole zombie hugs!Left HugRight Hug  I know it won't replace your H's hug, but a girl can try, right?

I hate the spotting thing!  I had spotting around 8 weeks with Court and you just don't stop worrying.  Even when it stopped I would do the tp check well into the second tri.  I know Lynchie had some major spotting issues with Holden as well, every month for 4 months.  I know you will still worry, but it helped me knowing that others had spotting and went on to have a normal pregnancy.

• Options

Men SO don't get how we feel right now because the pregnancy just isn't "real" for them until they start to see that big ole baby bump.  And they don't understand our worries.

I am glad you called the nurse - You and I are about on the same track and I can tell you that all bleeding I'd had early on, stopped, then I spotted the last couple of days and I had to remind myself that at the 8 - 9 week, our bodies would normally be going through a period and sometimes they still try to do that, even though everything is okay.

The worrying never goes away, but the things you worry about do change and when you start feeling those little nuggets in there, you really will enjoy it!

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!

• Options

Left HugCGRight Hug

He'll learn soon, but darn that man for not understanding. 

To poop try warm liquid, if you like tea great if not just the warm water will help. 

For the spotting, i hope your mind is at ease a bit.  Those 2 little ones are just settling in and getting comfy for the rest of their ride.  I hope it's an isolated issue for you.

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options
    Want me to wander down the hill and give you a hug? Because I'll do it you know. I'm sorry you're having a rough time, hormonal, poopie, spotting, bad husband issues all suck individually let alone together. Hope your day gets better.
  • Options

The spotting can be so scary. Sometimes just having a U/S can give you some peace of mind. Maybe your doc would be willing to order one for you. I had pink/red spotting in both pregnancies. The first was due to a low-lying placenta and with this little guy it was due to a tear in my placenta. Hang in there! Sending lots of good thoughts your way.

And shame on your DH... I would be so upset too! Sounds like a little chat is in order. It can be so helpful to have support and affection!

• Options

Huge, huge hugs J!  I hate that husbands just don't get it especially when you really need them to.  I hope you get lots of hugs today or I'm going to drive over there and do it myself!

FWIW, I, too, bled at 9 weeks with my pregnancy with M.  This time my nurses were surprised I haven't spotted a bit since the 2nd placenta often covers the cervix (as mine did) and bleeding can often happen in this case.  So, that may be what you are experiencing.

Ditto H, the worrying never goes away.  Not even after you're out of the 1st tri, the 2nd tri, the birth and then not even after they grow up.  Its a part of mommyhood. :)

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options

Thanks guys.  

Poe, I would totally accept that hug but I think I would just start crying again.  And people at work don't know yet so I don't need to be the weepy hormonal mess just yet.  :)~

Lu - I've tried everything I can think of.  Apple juice, hot water with lemon, fiber one bars, fruit, regular water.  My body just isn't liking it. Its like when you try to pick a cat up off the couch and it clings to the couch until you have to put him back down because he isn't having any of it. No moving! I'm thinking of getting taco bell for dinner, though.  That works sometimes. 

Last night's pooping experience makes me seriously doubt anyone who says that buttsex isn't painful. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options

Aw, big bear hugs to you. That sounds like a super crappy day/night. Your hubby will come around. It took mine a while to realize the magnitude of what I was going through, and there were LOTS of hormonal melt-downs until then. If ever there is a time to tell him exactly what you want, it is now through the rest of your pregnancy. Seriously. Spell it out for him. Even if you have to push the damn cat off the bed. Tongue Tied

I hope your day is better today.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KNemoKNemo member

The spotting scared the crap out of me too! Why do our bodies have to behave like that? Don't they know that we are hormonal pregnant freaks?

I am also sorry that your DH was so caught up in his own Sh!t that he didn't take the time to realize that you were in pain, and needed him. I hope that he gets better at recognizing when you just need a shoulder. I have every confidence that he will. Men have a pretty stiff learning curve during pregnancy. He'll catch on, sooner or later.

HUGS lady!!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    Huge hugs woman!!!  I aint got nuttin on the PG front just wanted to send ya hugs!
  • Options

That sucks.  Men suck.  They just don't get how scary it can be sometimes.  And yeah, you are going to worry about spotting no matter what even though it is common.

On the pooping, that was a huge issue for me until I started taking a colace with my prenatal every day.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Options
    Are you taking a prenatal? This wont be immediate relief, but you could try skipping it for a day. I know the high amount of iron really screws with me, esp, since I have really high iron naturally. 
  • Options

I'm sorry J.  I had a lot of issues in my first Trimester most of it brought on by the hormones...I was literally crazy, DH and I fought like cats and dogs the entire time.  I had round ligament pain, colored discharge and poop issues too.  

((HUGS)) First Tri sucks a big fat one.  It was BY far the hardest of the 3 Trimesters for me.  But as soon as I hit 13 weeks, I was SOOOO happy, no more pain and we didn't fight at all after that. 

• Options
    imagecinema_goddess:

Last night's pooping experience makes me seriously doubt anyone who says that buttsex isn't painful. 

Omg I heart you. I hope it all gets better. Men just don't listen sometimes.

• Options

imagecinema_goddess:

Random thought, for sure!

I'm sending you lots of hugs from me!  I'm glad you called about the bleeding and it doesn't seem to be anything serious.  I hope your DH gives you lots of cuddle time tonight!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options

Big Hugs from me too!   Left HugRight Hug 

I agree with the other gals, husbands just don't get it sometimes. Mine learned really quick that if I asked for something as simple as a hug or to listen to me he'd better comply or there would be pain involved  :-P

GL with the spotting, I had some too and it went away after a few days.  

• Options
    HUGE hugs from me. I know exactly how you feel. It took me 13 months after my m/c to get pregnant again, and shortly after getting my BFP, I started spotting, and it happened on and off for days. I was scared to death, but everything turned out to be just fine, and now I have a hot teething mess. Doesn't make it any less scary though. Try to lay down, put your feet up and relax. There has to be some form of a reality TV train wreck on tonight. Hang in there!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had spotting off and on all through my pregnancy with Will and am still having it off and on this time. Some people just do that, and it sucks, because even though my OB tells me not to worry about it every time, it's still scary and I still worry. 

If you haven't, I'd probably try to talk to your H and explain that your feelings were hurt last night and that this is all new and scary (for both of you!) and little things like hugs really do help. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"