Parenting after a Loss

When did you let LO sleep through feedings?

At our 1 week appt, the pedi told us to make sure she fed every 3 hrs during the day and every 4 hrs over night. Do we still need to do this? Sometimes she wakes up to eat at 3.5 hrs, but other times I have to wake her. Last night I turned off my alarm and didn't wake her until 5 hrs. She was still perfectly sleepy and probably would've kept sleeping for a while longer if I hadn't woke her up. Is it ok to let her sleep now? I know she is gaining weight and she has enough wet/dirty diapers...WDYT?
Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: When did you let LO sleep through feedings?

• I was always told as long as they are gaining normally it's okay to let them sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We never woke her up. We knew she was a good eater and did not suffer from "failure to thrive". We are strong believers in the never wake a sleeping baby mantra.

However, I dr. also told us to wake her up and feed. So, you just have to decide what is best for you.

• Loading the player...
  • If she's back to her birth weight I think it is fine to let her sleep at night as long as she wants. I still don't let DD go more than 4 or so hours during the day though.
  • We were given the green light at her two week appointment.  She had gone from 6lbs7oz to 8lbs in two weeks!
  • At 3 weeks when she was back to birth weight
  • ibisibis member

Back to birth weight is the general rule.

In the first couple of weeks DS would sometimes go to 4 hrs and still not be up and even though he was back to birth weight I would get nervous and wake him. When we saw the pedi at 2 wks he said that was no longer necessary.

• I never woke DD, but she was gaining weight like a champ.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"