Pregnant after 35

Holy Big Headed Baby

Went for my growth u/s today.  Had a high AFP at about 20 weeks so we get lots of these.  The doctor was worried about growth.  I was 34 weeks Saturday, the baby's body is at the 35 week mark and the head is at the 38 week mark.  It weights about 6lbs 3 oz and is in the 85% of growth.  The head is in my crotch and the butt is in my ribs.  The doctor (jokingly) recommended I start smoking Camel Unfiltered.  I am the 99% of people who have high AFP's with no problems, not the 1% that have problems.  If I go full term, this baby is going to come out demanding steak and potatoes. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holy Big Headed Baby

• Good to hear--we had a high AFP at 19 weeks and in my first growth u/s her head was big too. I think her head measured 2 weeks bigger than her body and it was very low in my crotch. Does a larger head mean anything? My doc said I have a brainy child, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't heard anything about a "bigheaded" baby being a bad thing.... Think about this - Babies with bigger heads are a million times cuter than say a baby with a head that's too small. You will have precious and beautiful babies!! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Big heads run in the family.  I can not wear a woman's hat, no matter how large it is.
  • Both of mine had big heads. The little knit caps they put on thier heads at the hospital wouldn't even stay on! They kept rolling up and popping off the top. The both sat unassisted a litte late because thier heads made them top heavy, but they didn't look weird and are smart as whips!
  • I am also carrying a melon head. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"