Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Why can't I ever produce enough??

I'm so frustrated.  DD is 3 months old today and I still can't seem to produce enough.  I work full time as a teacher.  My DH brings her up to school at lunch time each day so I can feed her.  I pump in the morning and feed her right away when I get home, but I still can't seem to produce enough.  She ate at 5:30 and now she wants to eat again at 7:00 and I have nothing.  I'm empty. 

Someone told me about pumping before feeding and this will help produce more??  Does this work??

I'm looking for help and answers.  We supplement with formula, but I'd rather produce enough for all her feedings.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why can't I ever produce enough??

• I EP and used Fenugreek (Metagenics brand) when I first started pumping and it drastically increased my supply. I actually had to stop taking it because I was so engored. Good luck!

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry!  I went through that with my DD.  I would pump after you feed your DD.  Check out kellymom.com for some tips and instruction.  Also post this on the breastfeeding board. 

You know, with all the problems we all seem to have, how in the world did women centuries ago figure this stuff out???  Big Smile

• Loading the player...
  • I went to see my LC today & she suggested I try mothers milk plus capsules. I ordered it off amazon & I should have it fri. The LC said I should see results within 72hrs. Lots of other women on here take it & see results.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I teach also... I use fenugreek, oatmeal and drink a ton of water.

I pump before work, at 10, at lunch, and then if I can right after my kids leave then I feed him when I get home around 5:30

HTH

PM if you have any questions

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks you guys!  I'm going to give Fenugreek/powerpumping/oatmeal a try first. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"