Trying to Get Pregnant

Couple of TTC questions: Temp dip and others

Hi I just have a couple of questions and would like your opinion:

1. Do you guys usually TTC on the day of temp rise? I read that it is worth doing, but not sure how effective it really is

2. Do you have a temp. dip right before ovulation? This is my first month charting and I just noticed a big dip today (day 15). So if this is a dip it could mean the day of O, but my Clear Blue monitor says 'high' instead of 'peak'. This is my first month doing both charting and clear blue so maybe it is not that accurate yet

3. What does those clear circles in my chart mean? I know it doesnt mean i forgot to take a temp, coz I did enter data on those days. I only missed one day this cycle and there was a dashed line there.

ETA: how do I set default time for taking temperature to avoid open circles? is it under Account settings/Wake Up time?  

Thank you all.

Me: 38, DH: 41
TTC#2 since Feb 2013
10/13: 1st IUI, BFN
02/14: 2nd IUI, BFN
03/14: HSG done, found out right tube is slightly blocked
04/14: 3rd IUI, BFN
05/14: 4th IUI, BFN
07/14: IVF no. 1, BFN
11/14: IVF no. 2, BFP

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Couple of TTC questions: Temp dip and others

• 1. This is only DH and my first cycle TTC and we did have sex the day of the temp rise.  It might not help but it can't hurt!

2. I don't have a predictable dip before ovulation.  You'll get an idea of whether this is typical for you once you've been charting for longer.  It might signal that you will ovulate soon and it might jsut be a random dip.

3. The open circles mean there is some reason that the data is less accurate that day.  I usually only get open circles if I take my temp at a different time.  I know there are other things that can cause open circles, too.  Maybe other TTGP ladies will know some other things about this.

Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• imageKissmark:

Hi I just have a couple of questions and would like your opinion:

1. Do you guys usually TTC on the day of temp rise? I read that it is worth doing, but not sure how effective it really is. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. It's not the best day to TTC, but it's not unheard of for people to get pregnant with that being the only day they had sex around ovulation.

2. Do you have a temp. dip right before ovulation? This is my first month charting and I just noticed a big dip today (day 15). So if this is a dip it could mean the day of O, but my Clear Blue monitor says 'high' instead of 'peak'. This is my first month doing both charting and clear blue so maybe it is not that accurate yet. I do not always have a dip before ovulation. I start using OPKs and having sex as soon as I see the first sign of fertile CM because there is no way to know when you're going to O before it happens. There are signs, but you can be faked out, so I just keep at it until O has been confirmed on my chart.

3. What does those clear circles in my chart mean? I know it doesnt mean i forgot to take a temp, coz I did enter data on those days. I only missed one day this cycle and there was a dashed line there. It means one of two things. Either you temped more than 30 minutes before or after your 'default' time OR you marked sleep deprived in your chart.

Thank you all. You are welcome!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Do you guys usually TTC on the day of temp rise? I read that it is worth doing, but not sure how effective it really is.  I usually try but sometimes it doesn't work out.  There is a possibility the sperm will catch the egg if you just ovulated.  Sometimes your temp will also start to rise just before you ovulate (according to my RE).

2. Do you have a temp. dip right before ovulation? This is my first month charting and I just noticed a big dip today (day 15). So if this is a dip it could mean the day of O, but my Clear Blue monitor says 'high' instead of 'peak'. This is my first month doing both charting and clear blue so maybe it is not that accurate yet.  A temp drop doesn't mean anything.  Ovulation can only be confirmed with a temp rise/shift.

3. What does those clear circles in my chart mean? I know it doesnt mean i forgot to take a temp, coz I did enter data on those days. I only missed one day this cycle and there was a dashed line there.  If you temped at a time different than your set time you will get an open circle.  You can also get an open circle for marking sleep deprived and drinking.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Yes, I believe I remember reading in TCOYF that you can still possibly get pregnant on the day after your temp rises (as in the day after you O'd).  In fact, I think it was one of the techniques for conceiving a boy.

2. I have noticed that I do have a very slight dip in temp the day that I either O or right before I O.  Not every woman has a temp dip though before O, but if you do, all the better to discover when you're about to O!

3. I have no clue, because I chart the old fashioned way...on paper charts!  Wink

• 1. Do you guys usually TTC on the day of temp rise? I read that it is worth doing, but not sure how effective it really isBoth of my LOs were?conceived?on the day of the temp rise. ?Like Rebelina stated, you can O near your temp rise. ?For me, I have EWCM and my cervix is high and soft the day of my temp rise, and OPK?correspond?with this too. ?We had sex the morning of the temp rise, I do think that as the day goes on, your chances of conceiving?drastically?go away. ?2. Do you have a temp. dip right before ovulation? This is my first month charting and I just noticed a big dip today (day 15). So if this is a dip it could mean the day of O, but my Clear Blue monitor says 'high' instead of 'peak'. This is my first month doing both charting and clear blue so maybe it is not that accurate yetSome people get a dip, some don't. ?You won't know if its an O dip ahead of time though, you can only confirm O with higher temps.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"